Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Continous rotation with the side... 21:23 - Feb 11 with 441 viewsPippin1970

Not sure it really benefits. Be a whole new team again on Tuesday night
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 21:24]
Continous rotation with the side... on 21:28 - Feb 11 with 398 viewsSwansea_Blue

If he can get it to work, it’ll help us deal with injuries, suspensions and fatigue. But then the old cliche is that you should give the same team to play together as much as possible. I don’t know what the answer is with us. If we didn’t have depth, I’m sure we’d blame any bad results on players having to play too much and not getting the change of a rest.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Continous rotation with the side... on 21:29 - Feb 11 with 386 viewsAYACCA

You need to know your best team and play them as much as possible. Simples
Continous rotation with the side... on 21:31 - Feb 11 with 375 viewspointofblue

The only change I’d be tempted to make is Ladapo for Hirst, although I thought Hirst did ok today. Otherwise stick to the same line up and give them time to gel. If a player is still struggling for form after, say, five games then drop him and bring someone in. But I think the rotation is hurting rather than helping us now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Continous rotation with the side... on 21:35 - Feb 11 with 346 viewsPioneerBlue

I feel rotation could be in part to blame for our form but there are so many reasons it’s important for the way we play. We play high press and high tempo at times, we are led to believe that training is also hard. It makes sense that many of our injuries are not muscle, that’s partly mitigated by rotation, the injuries we are suffering are more serious. There is also the squad, it’s hard to justify the players and then keep players of the quality we have if they don’t get games. We don’t get to know how much players need a rest but that is also part of it.

It’s catch 22 for me, could probably balance things a bit more in favour of more consistency.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Continous rotation with the side... on 21:35 - Feb 11 with 343 viewsCuffy81

Rotating your front players is one thing, but a defensive unit you need some continuity, first half it was painfully obvious our back 4 had never played together before
Continous rotation with the side... on 21:39 - Feb 11 with 331 viewspointofblue

Continous rotation with the side... on 21:35 - Feb 11 by Cuffy81

Rotating your front players is one thing, but a defensive unit you need some continuity, first half it was painfully obvious our back 4 had never played together before

I can see why McKenna would want Clarke and Woolfenden in the same team but today was not the day to try it. Next week against Forest Green would have made more sense, especially if Morsy isn’t suspended.

Today should have been Donacien/Woolfenden/Burgess (or Edmundson)/Davis or Clarke/Keogh/Edmundson/Davis.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024