Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
missed mortgage payments 12:52 - May 5 with 989 viewsleftback

paid for a few things earlier this month and it resulted in our mortgage payment being returned as there were insufficient funds in the account.

just rang nationwide to sort out and have been told I need to make a bank transfer to a personal account with my name as the account to pay into and the account number is a bit strange ie lots of repetive digits. just alll seemed a bit dodgy especially as the lady from nationwide was quite giggly when I questioned the integrity of it all?

is this how it works? am i just being over cautious as i guess I was the one that called them?

any advice would be appreciated twtd.
missed mortgage payments on 13:01 - May 5 with 873 viewsDJR

Assuming you have online banking with Nationwide, I wonder why you just can't make a payment to your mortgage account with them?

If you have any doubts, and I am always very cautious when paying a relatively large amount of money to anyone, you could go into a Nationwide branch, if it's not too far away.

In my branch, they usually have someone on hand to help out, but probably best to avoid lunchtime.
missed mortgage payments on 13:04 - May 5 with 839 viewsOldsmoker

No. That is not how it works, certainly not with my bank.
I would phone again and see if the same arrangement is suggested.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

missed mortgage payments on 13:08 - May 5 with 805 viewslowhouseblue

missed mortgage payments on 13:04 - May 5 by Oldsmoker

No. That is not how it works, certainly not with my bank.
I would phone again and see if the same arrangement is suggested.

and phone via their main number - not using a number you've given specifically for this.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

missed mortgage payments on 13:09 - May 5 with 791 viewsOldsmoker

missed mortgage payments on 13:08 - May 5 by lowhouseblue

and phone via their main number - not using a number you've given specifically for this.

Good call.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024