Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sri Lanka travel advice 21:53 - May 9 with 826 viewsearlsgreenblue

Anybody know anything about the island all information greatly received, thinking of 5-6 weeks in Jan, February, March next year.
Sri Lanka travel advice on 22:09 - May 9 with 778 viewsDaninthecampo

Beautiful island you'll get to see all the best parts in 5-6 weeks, the Northern part has a completely different vibe to the south, great people, beaches Temples,landscape, food and super cheap
Sri Lanka travel advice on 22:41 - May 9 with 726 viewsjimsymBLUE

Absolutely love the Island, been three times (twice to watch England test matches) & went back 2 years ago to see the bits I'd never got round to.. did 6 weeks backpacking.
I was on my todd so just used trains/busses & tuks, cheap, cheerful and relatively easy.
In six weeks you could pretty much see the lot. If you want to head east (Trinco/Arugam Bay) leave it till late Feb/ March as still wet around the turn of the year but the weather on the rest of the Island will be good.
Negombo is overated but decent place to get acclimatised for a couple of days right next to the airport. Kandy down to Nuwara Eliya/Ella (get the train, stunning) is a must. The South coast from Dikwalla (Hiriketiya Beach is beautiful & great for surf/swimming) to Galle is superb, include Tangalle & Mirrisa (whale watching). Bit more Russiany in Hikkaduwa and the East coast back to Colombo but still nice. Dirt cheap safari in Yala and Udawalawa. Golden triangle of Sigiriya (climb Pidurangala before dawn for best view) Anuradhapura & Polonnaruwa (plus Dambulla) very cool for temples and ancient guff.
Balls, I'll meet you out there!!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Sri Lanka travel advice on 17:07 - May 10 with 479 viewsEdwardStone

Keep an eye out for street side vendors selling "Kurds and Trickle"

It is actually home made yoghurt served with fresh local honey and is absolutely delicious.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024