Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread 07:44 - Jun 23 with 2284 viewswkj

For the last couple of years I have been practicing a new life skill - Live DJ mixing. So far I have done about 12 live performances that have gone pretty well both to EU and US audiences.

My home genre is trance - so, I wanted to share one of the most energy filled tracks that appear on my car, gym and home playlists

Such a good one...

What songs get you in the mood for some iron pumping?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 15:50 - Jun 23 with 319 viewsCoastalblue

I still rue the day I sold my 1200's, to be fair I had no real choice at the time but I'd love to still have them and they are extremely rare these days I'll never replace and could never justify it.

One of my absolute favourite things used to be when a punter in a club came up to you and wanted to know what mix of a track you were playing and where you got it and you had to explain it was the standard 12" but you used two copies to make something new or maybe better.

Mind you this was mostly back in the 80's when people had generally never heard of mixing.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 16:03 - Jun 23 with 315 viewsChimayBlue

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:03 - Jun 23 by wkj

I use the Denon DJ Live 4 at home or when doing my own sets out and about- While there is a crossfader and Beatsynch, I only use them when doing set prep. Otherwise its using the Pioneer gear that most venues have as standard
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 10:04]

I've caught the same bug. DJ for the last few years, playing mainly 90s house and trance on Technics MK2 without beat synch. Getting nervous now, close to my first gig in front of 100 drunks at the Waterloo annual badminton tournament in Belgium!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024