Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The playing surface yesterday 20:11 - Aug 20 with 1037 viewsrgp1

Did anyone think the playing surface wasn't great yesterday? I thought the grass was a tad too long it seemed to hamper the passing game of both sides. Interestingly as well they only watered our end at half time.
The playing surface yesterday on 00:20 - Aug 21 with 782 viewsFoD_Blue

We had the same discussion at half time. I thought it had a lot to do with why we struggled in the first half.

A lot of our passing was being intercepted, as the passes were a little short. This could well be caused by the pitch being slow. I expect that this was a deliberate ploy by Ainsworth as he will be aware that we like to play a fast game, and will do anything in his power to disrupt that.
I didn't notice that they only watered our half of the pitch at half time, I did notice that before the game, the sprinklers came on in pairs, rather than the whole pitch at once. Maybe something to do with water pressure?

I commented that the first half was possibly the worst half of football I had seen in a year, although I may have forgotten Oxford and Bristol away last season. In my defence, I didn't see the Oxford game, despite being there.
The playing surface yesterday on 08:50 - Aug 21 with 624 viewsrgp1

The playing surface yesterday on 00:20 - Aug 21 by FoD_Blue

We had the same discussion at half time. I thought it had a lot to do with why we struggled in the first half.

A lot of our passing was being intercepted, as the passes were a little short. This could well be caused by the pitch being slow. I expect that this was a deliberate ploy by Ainsworth as he will be aware that we like to play a fast game, and will do anything in his power to disrupt that.
I didn't notice that they only watered our half of the pitch at half time, I did notice that before the game, the sprinklers came on in pairs, rather than the whole pitch at once. Maybe something to do with water pressure?

I commented that the first half was possibly the worst half of football I had seen in a year, although I may have forgotten Oxford and Bristol away last season. In my defence, I didn't see the Oxford game, despite being there.

Thanks for that I'm glad it wasn't just me.
The playing surface yesterday on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 491 viewsDarth_Koont

It was also mentioned in the commentary (how dry the pitch was) and that certainly showed in the balls over the top that held up rather than skidding through as normal.

But yeah, in a game of tight margins played at speed, I’m sure the different pitch made things a bit more difficult. Add in a small pitch and not surprising it wasn’t the most fluid of passing games.

On a side note, if QPR were looking to stop a newly promoted side from playing when they’re the ones at home, it’s testament to the team and approach that McKenna and his staff have put together. Of course, the table also shows that but significant that we’re already judged a very threatening team on our own terms.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024