Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greg Leigh on the move? 20:33 - Aug 20 with 11585 viewsLukePenningVGP

Seems a lot of interest and speculation from the Oxford United fan community on (X)

Greg Leigh on the move? on 13:52 - Aug 21 with 705 viewsNutkins_Return

Greg Leigh on the move? on 10:46 - Aug 21 by Big_Jase

Agree on this, solid dependable player but nothing more than that.

I think a lot of our players are being over rated by our fans, as it’s the first time we have had success in a while we are too emotionally attached to some of our players. If we want to progress players will have to be upgraded.

I generally agree with you. But as someone else said Its actually great to feel that emotional attachment to players (but you are right in that we can't let that stop progress and it won't).

Leigh is a very good Left Back though. If not for Davis he would have played a lot of course and I think he could cut it in the championship. I watched Coulson live for Middlesbrough recently who is a good player but found myself thinking I wouldnt swap either of ours for him now. Not sure how long he has been fit mind.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 14:35 - Aug 21 with 576 viewsSaleAway

As others have said. I think that probably Leigh would like a move, not because he doesn't like it here, but he's a 28 year old professional, and needs to be playing matches. His contract is up at the end of the season, and he's going to struggle to pick up another one if he's not had any game time.

The issue is that he would be very hard to replace. I can't see anyone of his calibre or better wanting to come here to be understudy to Davis, I also can't see a top club wanting to loan a youngster here, because again, they aren't going to be getting game time. So then you're either looking at getting someone in that's better than Davis ( unlikely to happen within budget), or accepting that you're going to weaken the squad ( unlikely McKenna will want to do that).

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024