Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only £4m? 10:55 - Oct 10 with 1561 viewsDefender110

Given the clubs current trajectory and therefore potential income should we get promoted to the premier league - £4m compensation (should Super Kieran McKenna be poached) seems very small? Even £40m would seem to fall short of the potential.

Original article - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24325370/man-utd-coach-release-clause-kieran-mcke
Only £4m? on 10:58 - Oct 10 with 1507 viewsDanTheMan

I think Joe mentioned in one of the other threads on this but 4mil is actually pretty high for a manager. Tottenham wouldn't spend 8mil on a manager (Arne Slot) which is trivial compared to some of the players they buy.

The reason suggested is that you have to pay for them and then if it goes wrong you have to pay to sack them and their managerial staff, there's no sell-on value in most cases.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Only £4m? on 11:02 - Oct 10 with 1453 viewsburnbudgiesburn

IF the reported figure is true, don't forget McKenna would have to agree to put it in the contract. This is just Ipswich covering themselves.

At the end of the day, any club offering £4m doesn't mean they get him. It will be KMc's decision.

I'm really relaxed about it, from everything I see and hear him say about the 'project' I don't see him leaving us for anyone but a top 6 club.
Only £4m? on 11:05 - Oct 10 with 1435 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Only £4m? on 10:58 - Oct 10 by DanTheMan

I think Joe mentioned in one of the other threads on this but 4mil is actually pretty high for a manager. Tottenham wouldn't spend 8mil on a manager (Arne Slot) which is trivial compared to some of the players they buy.

The reason suggested is that you have to pay for them and then if it goes wrong you have to pay to sack them and their managerial staff, there's no sell-on value in most cases.

I wonder if we put Pert, Grant & co on contracts with similar clauses in their recent renewal.
Only £4m? on 11:12 - Oct 10 with 1379 viewsSkip_Intro

Only £4m? on 11:05 - Oct 10 by burnbudgiesburn

I wonder if we put Pert, Grant & co on contracts with similar clauses in their recent renewal.

I hope so as that would be another way to prevent Kmac from being poached as I am sure that he would want his team to go with him wherever he went next...
Only £4m? on 12:06 - Oct 10 with 1091 views_clive_baker_

By managerial compensation standards it's actually high. These things generally are designed as a deterrent, to encourage potential suitors to maybe favour alternatives rather than buy out McKenna and his whole team. The reality is if KM gets to point where there's a job he wants, and who wants him, it's going to be very difficult to do anything about it.

The biggest hook we have right now isn't the buyout but the potential that he could get us up to the premier league. He'll want to manage there soon I imagine, and what better way to have a crack at that than to do it here in a place where he has a huge amount of security and credit in the bank, owners who will back him, a chance to leave a genuine legacy and stay in an area and club he and his family are seemingly really happy at. Until we get to a point where that doesn't materialise or looks unlikely to I think we're relatively safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024