Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New headphones needed.... 13:53 - Nov 2 with 3108 viewsitfcjoe

....any advice.

They need to be a bluetooth headset with a wire between the buds, that has a remote etc for phonecalls, start/stop etc.

I've been using Bose Soundsport Wireless for years, but current pair have gone, and whilst Bose are upgrading them for me for nothing, they are to a new product which doesn't have the wire between the buds....the Quiet Comfort 2. As the Soundsport has been discontinued.

This is what they currently look like (apart from in black) if that helps

Cheers all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New headphones needed.... on 13:05 - Nov 3 with 329 viewsthepommylump

New headphones needed.... on 10:50 - Nov 3 by Bury_St_Edmundson

I've used bone conduction headphones for nearly a year.

great for podcats, wire connects the two and physical buttons etc

I have been using the Shokz for 6 or 7 years, they don't block the ear so you can leave them on all day, When people are around you can chat to them normally, when you are alone just push the play button.

I only use them for audio books and phone calls I find them brilliant and comfy, I have them on my head 10=12 hours a day normally.
New headphones needed.... on 15:28 - Nov 3 with 272 viewsDinDjarin

New headphones needed.... on 17:52 - Nov 2 by TheMoralMajority

This is a huge bug bear of mine, but I'll try to avoid going into a long winded rant about it.

There is 0 reason to remove headphone jacks from phones. It is purely done to sell you more e-waste that you cannot change the batteries of and will eventually end up in landfill.

You will be told 'aha! There is choice! You can buy phones with a headphone jack'. And this is true, if you don't mind buying an underpowered PoS that will also end up in landfill in 2 years.

Meanwhile, they are all selling their amazing e-credentials with their solar powered data centers.

It is BS pure and simple.

Believe it or not, this is my incredibly edited down version of this rant.

____
Edit: I know I'm in the minority on this (OK boomer), but being in the minority doesn't make me wrong. See also people not giving a stuff about giving away their online privacy and letting Google control the internet.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 18:13]

I am with you on that one.

Criminal removing headphone jack.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024