Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Chocolate Bars 14:23 - Nov 2 with 9716 viewsChurchman

To lighten the mood and thinking of the good ole Christmas Selection Box, I was wondering what peoples’ preferences were?

Excluding a bar of Cadburys Milk, for me it has to be a Mars Bar. It is a wonderful creation. Just pop it in the fridge. When chilled take a sharp knife and cut into chunks in the wrapper to retain any chocolate shards. Slice the wrapper length ways and a parcel of joy will be there before you.

Unsurpassed.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 15:59]
Best Chocolate Bars on 07:24 - Nov 4 with 491 viewsChurchman

Best Chocolate Bars on 21:13 - Nov 3 by ronnyd

Used to buy my late Mum a cheaper version of After Eights from Poundland. They tasted much better and she loved 'em. Can't remember what they were called though.

The Asda version isn’t bad. They do Turkish Delight in chocolate in thins form and they’re nice. Taliking of the old TD, Fry’s Turkish Delight:

I’m a fan. You certainly knew you’d had some sugar stuff after chomping through one of those. Chocolate and Turkish Delight is an upgrade on the dusty cubes you got in a little box at Christmas that frankly I could take or leave.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 7:25]
Best Chocolate Bars on 07:29 - Nov 4 with 471 viewsBlueBoots

Best Chocolate Bars on 21:13 - Nov 3 by ronnyd

Used to buy my late Mum a cheaper version of After Eights from Poundland. They tasted much better and she loved 'em. Can't remember what they were called though.

Some of the Poundland rip-offs are decent - I quite like their dark chocolate Toblerone one.

Although they are rotters for shrinkflation because the bars have gone from 180g down to 125g in just a few months...

P.S. Had to edit my post, as the swear filter wouldn't allow me to call them purveyors of bumsex, although apparently the word bumsex is allowed

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Best Chocolate Bars on 07:33 - Nov 4 with 465 viewsBlueBoots

Best Chocolate Bars on 07:24 - Nov 4 by Churchman

The Asda version isn’t bad. They do Turkish Delight in chocolate in thins form and they’re nice. Taliking of the old TD, Fry’s Turkish Delight:

I’m a fan. You certainly knew you’d had some sugar stuff after chomping through one of those. Chocolate and Turkish Delight is an upgrade on the dusty cubes you got in a little box at Christmas that frankly I could take or leave.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 7:25]

First you admit to keeping chocolate in the fridge, and now you admit to eating foodstuffs that are flavoured with something that should be reserved for ladies perfumes; always enjoy reading your considered posts on the football forum, so would never have guessed you are such a wrong 'un

Best Chocolate Bars on 08:01 - Nov 4 with 455 viewsChurchman

Best Chocolate Bars on 07:33 - Nov 4 by BlueBoots

First you admit to keeping chocolate in the fridge, and now you admit to eating foodstuffs that are flavoured with something that should be reserved for ladies perfumes; always enjoy reading your considered posts on the football forum, so would never have guessed you are such a wrong 'un

You are not the first to suggest I have …’issues’ 😃 But beyond beer, chocolate and I suppose meat, cheese and milk squeezed in, what else is a fridge for?

People will be putting green stuff in it next.

You can’t put Fry’s Turkish delight in the fridge though. The TD goes strange. I’ve actually no idea what turkish delight is made of. If it’s got a sprinkle of Chanel No 5 in it, great. Mine is a broad church
Best Chocolate Bars on 08:25 - Nov 4 with 445 viewsBlueBoots

Best Chocolate Bars on 08:01 - Nov 4 by Churchman

You are not the first to suggest I have …’issues’ 😃 But beyond beer, chocolate and I suppose meat, cheese and milk squeezed in, what else is a fridge for?

People will be putting green stuff in it next.

You can’t put Fry’s Turkish delight in the fridge though. The TD goes strange. I’ve actually no idea what turkish delight is made of. If it’s got a sprinkle of Chanel No 5 in it, great. Mine is a broad church

Turkish Delight is flavoured with rosewater...which reminds me that a couple of Christmases back a well-off neighbour gave us a box of chocolates that were flavoured with lavender from one of the most expensive chocolate shops in London (I'll save their blushes by not naming them, as I'm sure the majority of their products are excellent) I recall having my mouth washed out with soap when I was a kid, and I think I would have preferred that.

Best Chocolate Bars on 10:16 - Nov 4 with 416 viewsChurchman

Best Chocolate Bars on 08:25 - Nov 4 by BlueBoots

Turkish Delight is flavoured with rosewater...which reminds me that a couple of Christmases back a well-off neighbour gave us a box of chocolates that were flavoured with lavender from one of the most expensive chocolate shops in London (I'll save their blushes by not naming them, as I'm sure the majority of their products are excellent) I recall having my mouth washed out with soap when I was a kid, and I think I would have preferred that.

Interesting. That’s ok as long as they get the Afids off!

My mate’s misses gave me a chocolate from her favourite chocolate emporium, that Hotel Chocolat place (lots of them in London, Bluewater etc.I’m sure it’s good quality but it was a bit like eating pure cocoa with Bath oil in it. Bad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024