Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awake in Ipswich, just another game... 06:27 - Dec 16 with 428 viewsPendejo

Still only worth 3 points and

But

It isn't just another game, is it?

It's Naaaridge, it's our most relevant regional rival. I believe ColWho hate us more, but that's because we've got more fans than them in their own town. Cambridge and Saaarfend, like ColWho have rarely had parity let alone found themselves above us.

But Naaaridge, well they entered the Football League before us - 1920 v 1938, we got too top tier 11 years before them - 1961 v 1972.
Think it's safe to say we finished higher of the two in those respective seasons.
And they've had more forays into top tier than us, but only have a solitary 3rd place not to forget a solitary "participation" in European competition to get misty eyed about. I was a kid during the Robson era, I've got multiple European adventures and top 3 finished in my memory bank.

Fair play 2 League Cups, and as a point of order, it is worth noting they were robbed of European football by the aftermath of Heysel.
A recent twit on Twitter said their run in Europe more valuable than our UEFA Cup win due to number of European trophies win by opponents - embarrassing.
Against our League Champions, at very first attemot, FA Cup and UEFA Cup.

They've got Mike Bassett we had Sir Alf Ramsey, World Cup winner and Sir Bobby Robson World Cup Semi finalist, chuck in Mick Mills as a World Cup England captain - no defeats and 1 goal conceded.

None of the above matters, it's irrelevant anvil history.

The Curse (aka Banter Era) began in the days after our last victory over them, we won 3-2 but the margin should have been bigger, they dropped to 3rd tier and seemingly heading toward administration. We appointed Roy Keane and surely destined for Champions League football.

NO!

In some sort of "Freaky Friday" twist they became upwardly mobile and we, stank out the place landing in the 3rd tier. In the way there's the matter of 1-4, 1-5 giving them an aggregate score on 2-9 FFS.
That hurts and needs to be exorcised, today.

Luckily, in McKenna we have a master Exorcist

That Bob Marley song "There Little Birds" and that line "Everthings.gonna be alright", under McKenna it's true and accurate.

For me; not going to be ecstatic unless we win by a 6 goal margin.

NOT JUST ANOTHER GAME

COYB

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Awake in Ipswich, just another game... on 07:14 - Dec 16 with 333 viewsMK1

All of the above doesn't matter. It is about the here and now.
We are by far the better team today and we win. Forget the derby curse or what ever others call it, today we win and win comfortably.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024