Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
north korea article on the beeb 14:47 - Jan 23 with 879 viewsgiant_stow

you've probably seen it, but in case you didn;t read the article its based on, here's the extremely disturbing conclusion:

"North Korea has a large nuclear arsenal, by our estimate of potentially 50 or 60 warheads deliverable on missiles that can reach all of South Korea, virtually all of Japan (including Okinawa) and Guam. If, as we suspect, Kim has convinced himself that after decades of trying, there is no way to engage the United States, his recent words and actions point toward the prospects of a military solution using that arsenal."

https://www.38north.org/2024/01/is-kim-jong-un-preparing-for-war/

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

north korea article on the beeb on 15:53 - Jan 23 with 716 viewsstringy

worrying indeed; I'm not entirely sure of what is the underlying angst for Kim - is this all about South Korea and he wants a united communist state (and sees the US disengaging from international intervention so now a good time to go for it), or is this actually about NK and the US which seems fairly nuts in terms of military imbalance?
north korea article on the beeb on 15:58 - Jan 23 with 695 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

China are the only ones who can rein him in - they provide food aid for the civilian population (‘fst little rocket man’ is happy for them to starve). China generally has good relations with Pyongyang and won’t what nuclear fallout on their doorstep…

That said, North Korea have been rattling the nuclear sabre for decades, so I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.
north korea article on the beeb on 17:28 - Jan 23 with 584 viewsgiant_stow

north korea article on the beeb on 15:53 - Jan 23 by stringy

worrying indeed; I'm not entirely sure of what is the underlying angst for Kim - is this all about South Korea and he wants a united communist state (and sees the US disengaging from international intervention so now a good time to go for it), or is this actually about NK and the US which seems fairly nuts in terms of military imbalance?

I'm struggling to see what's in it for Kim either. Maybe this is about expected back up from other friendly states, or maybe its just not rational, so unexplainable?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

north korea article on the beeb on 18:00 - Jan 23 with 510 viewsNthQldITFC

I should imagine (hope?) that even in that fruitcake of a country there are enough ingredients that aren't nuts to stop him hitting the national suicide button. I wonder if the US and China have some sort of anti-escalatory protocol in place to 'sort him out' if he goes off reservation.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024