Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A stupid challenge- £15k! 15:13 - Jan 25 with 3761 viewsBlueSince93

I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who can talk about the impact of poor mental health on their own lives. I know I've seen examples from friends, and in my day job at a University. That's why I really want to help to make a difference for people who are struggling and I need all the help I can get from from fellow Town fans! I’ve promised to raise £15,000 in 2024 for bigmoose, an incredible mental health charity who offer no barrier counselling for anyone in need and do genuinely life saving work.

£15,000 is a huge amount of money and would put 37 people through a full course of therapy. Through their work, bigmoose records show that 1 in every 27 therapy graduates would have taken their own life, so if I can raise £15,000, the chances are there will be at least one life saved.

So, across 2024, I'm aiming to raise £15,000, starting with the TCS London Marathon. I'll be looking for other challenges and fundraising opportunities across the year to make sure that by 31st December 2024, 37 more people have been able to receive the help and care that they need.

If you are able to help in any way that would be amazing, by showing support, or if you’re able to you can donate via the JustGiving page- https://www.justgiving.com/page/will-fuller-bigmooseproject15?utm_medium=fundrai And if anyone has an idea for a challenge or fundraiser, or any corporate contacts who might be willing to donate I’d love to be linked up.
[Post edited 26 Feb 14:50]
A stupid challenge- £15k! on 16:37 - Jan 25 with 3545 viewsjontysnut

There's a brewery in Wales called Purple Moose. Perhaps you could talk them into doing a Bigmoose named beer with some proceeds going towards the charity?
A stupid challenge- £15k! on 16:48 - Jan 25 with 3513 viewsBlueSince93

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 16:37 - Jan 25 by jontysnut

There's a brewery in Wales called Purple Moose. Perhaps you could talk them into doing a Bigmoose named beer with some proceeds going towards the charity?

That's a great idea, thanks Jonty! The bigmoose story is an interesting one, rooted in ice hockey and tragedy, well worth a read- https://www.bigmoosecharity.co/why-moose
A stupid challenge- £15k! on 18:32 - Jan 25 with 3397 viewsKeno

Maybe some of us could offer £1 per town goal now till the end of the season?

Who’s up for that?.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 20:45 - Jan 25 with 3278 viewsKeno

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 18:32 - Jan 25 by Keno

Who’s up for that?.

Bump

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 13:17 - Jan 26 with 3073 viewsBlueSince93

Who’s up for that?.

That would be amazing! I'll even accept starting after the Maidstone game just in case!!

I appreciate times are really tough for people at the minute financially and it is a cliche, but genuinely every penny will help
A stupid challenge- £15k! on 14:31 - Jan 26 with 2969 viewsGavTWTD

Who’s up for that?.

Ok, count me in for that.

I've stickied the post but that will be removed from time to time so please keep us updated throughout the season.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 14:24 - Jan 29 with 1883 viewsBlueSince93

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 14:31 - Jan 26 by GavTWTD

Ok, count me in for that.

I've stickied the post but that will be removed from time to time so please keep us updated throughout the season.

Amazing, thank you Gav!!
A stupid challenge- £15k! on 15:30 - Mar 21 with 808 viewsBlueSince93

Hi all, a little update! I've done over 200km of training and managed to get the early total over the £1k mark!- https://www.justgiving.com/page/will-fuller-bigmooseproject15

I'll total up the goals at the end of the season for those who said they'd donate per town goal, I was obviously pretty happy with the 6-0!!

Thanks for all the support
Login to get fewer ads

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 16:32 - Mar 21 with 721 viewsKeno

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 15:30 - Mar 21 by BlueSince93

Hi all, a little update! I've done over 200km of training and managed to get the early total over the £1k mark!- https://www.justgiving.com/page/will-fuller-bigmooseproject15

I'll total up the goals at the end of the season for those who said they'd donate per town goal, I was obviously pretty happy with the 6-0!!

Thanks for all the support

thanks fir bumping this!!

and well done

A stupid challenge- £15k! on 17:20 - Apr 23 with 245 viewsBlueSince93

The first big challenge of the fundraising effort is complete! I crossed the line at the London Marathon in 03:54:36. It was an incredible day, I spotted a few ITFC shirts along the way, and now can't go up or down stairs.

If you'd like to contribute to bigmoose's mission to offer free to access mental health support, you can here- https://www.justgiving.com/page/will-fuller-bigmooseproject15, and if you were one of the kind people who offered to donate £ per Town goal until the end of the season, lets hope for goalfests and 9 points in the last 3 games!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024