Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why? 07:27 - Feb 4 with 544 viewsPaul

Apologies if it's been discussed elsewhere but my main concern from yesterday was obviously the first half which, I think many will agree, was the worst under KMc. The second half was improved, not that that was difficult, but why were we so poor to start?

The early goals didn't help, but where was the fight which should have been even more evident after last week's result? The players and manager have a lot of credit in the bank so to speak after the amazing last year, but that first half yesterday was simply unacceptable on so many levels. I just can't fathom why. The team looked knackered -are they? Or maybe credit just has to go to Preston, everyone has an off day.

I'm waffling now and I'm sure KMc and the team will look at it, but there was a lot of worrying signs in that first half. The fightback of sorts will hopefully spur them on, if we had gone down without a whimper, I'd be more worried.
[Post edited 4 Feb 7:31]
Why? on 07:57 - Feb 4 with 437 viewsJon_456

I don’t think the first half was a lot worse than some other 45min performances we’ve had this season. 3 poor goals to concede made it seem a lot worse but we’re always open to conceding when we play in the risky way that we do.

A terrible pitch, a disciplined Preston shape and lack of outlet up front also contributed to it.

As we see in most games now, our brave approach in the first half often allows us to dominate the 2nd half as teams can’t keep up the intensity of their press for 90mins.
[Post edited 4 Feb 8:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024