Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just dreaming 08:54 - Feb 19 with 763 viewsVic

It’s a bit early for day dreaming (but I was up very early this morning!) but I’m just musing about how much we’d need to improve the team should we get promoted?

GK - fine
LB - fine
RB - hmmm, not sure
CB - at least one experienced signing, possibly 2.
MF - we’d need to look at upgrade in most positions.(I’m not sure Morsy or Loungo will quite have what it takes
Wingers - much as I like Burns, I think we’d need better
Forwards - I’d love to see how Chappers, Hirst and Broadhead get on, but think we’d need to bring n some sereiously strong competition.

General - quite a few of the back up players would need to be replaced so that there’s not quite such a drop off when 1st teasers are injured, etc.

What do you reckon?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Just dreaming on 09:10 - Feb 19 with 698 views_clive_baker_

Don't think its so much a case of replacing backups, but adding premier league quality, with the current incumbent probably becoming the back up. Clarke is a good example.

I imagine it would be a case of the likes of Ball, Jackson, Ladapo, Donacien, Harness, Edmundson, Aluko etc moving on (most probably will whether we go up or not) and if we're in the PL with the financial wiggle room it would be a case of adding 6 or 7 players of quality in their place. The likes of Luongo, Clarke, Burns etc probably then become the bench.

I don't think our overall approach would change too much, investing the fees on younger players who we think can play at that level (the likes of Philogene who we would've signed if we had more FFP headroom). Perhaps 1 or 2 more experienced heads on a free, as Luton have done to good effect in Barkley and Townsend.

Broadhead, Morsy, Chaplin, Davis, Woolfy and Hirst would all be key players for us I imagine.
Just dreaming on 09:35 - Feb 19 with 631 viewsWeWereZombies

Just dreaming on 09:10 - Feb 19 by _clive_baker_

Don't think its so much a case of replacing backups, but adding premier league quality, with the current incumbent probably becoming the back up. Clarke is a good example.

I imagine it would be a case of the likes of Ball, Jackson, Ladapo, Donacien, Harness, Edmundson, Aluko etc moving on (most probably will whether we go up or not) and if we're in the PL with the financial wiggle room it would be a case of adding 6 or 7 players of quality in their place. The likes of Luongo, Clarke, Burns etc probably then become the bench.

I don't think our overall approach would change too much, investing the fees on younger players who we think can play at that level (the likes of Philogene who we would've signed if we had more FFP headroom). Perhaps 1 or 2 more experienced heads on a free, as Luton have done to good effect in Barkley and Townsend.

Broadhead, Morsy, Chaplin, Davis, Woolfy and Hirst would all be key players for us I imagine.

Adding six or seven could take us into the problems Forest suffered in their first season after promotion (OK, that was more like sixteen or seventeen but you get my drift...) and also remind us of the Sereni / Finidi allegations that the team spirit got wrecked back then (but I am not saying George Burley ruined this club!) It would also be demotivating on this season's run in to signal to some players who have done so well that they are facing a lot of bench time or the move to a lesser club next season. However, maybe five or six Premier League experienced players could be added to the squad in a three in the summer and then two or three more in January when we know how we are faring (if we get promoted.)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Just dreaming on 09:39 - Feb 19 with 615 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Just dreaming on 09:35 - Feb 19 by WeWereZombies

Adding six or seven could take us into the problems Forest suffered in their first season after promotion (OK, that was more like sixteen or seventeen but you get my drift...) and also remind us of the Sereni / Finidi allegations that the team spirit got wrecked back then (but I am not saying George Burley ruined this club!) It would also be demotivating on this season's run in to signal to some players who have done so well that they are facing a lot of bench time or the move to a lesser club next season. However, maybe five or six Premier League experienced players could be added to the squad in a three in the summer and then two or three more in January when we know how we are faring (if we get promoted.)

Forest stayed up though and that’s arguably all that matters. It would be a big overall I think. Look at how strong Leeds looked against us, and Leicester in that first half.
Just dreaming on 09:42 - Feb 19 with 604 viewsWeWereZombies

Just dreaming on 09:39 - Feb 19 by PrideOfTheEast

Forest stayed up though and that’s arguably all that matters. It would be a big overall I think. Look at how strong Leeds looked against us, and Leicester in that first half.

True, but Forest only just stayed up. We are going to be challenging for a Champions League spot (see thread title.)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Just dreaming on 10:21 - Feb 19 with 535 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Just dreaming on 09:42 - Feb 19 by WeWereZombies

True, but Forest only just stayed up. We are going to be challenging for a Champions League spot (see thread title.)

I can't be the only one who finishes the Kieran Mckenna song with "town are gonna win the super league"
Just dreaming on 11:35 - Feb 19 with 475 viewsSuperblue95

1 centre back - Edmundson to go

2 fullbacks - Donacien to go. Williams loan expired.

2 centre mids - Ball to go. Travis loan ends.

3/4 attacking mids/widemen - Aluko and Jackson to go. Maybe Harness too. Hutch and Sarmiento loans end.

1/2 strikers - Moore loan ends

Maybe a new keeper too for Walton. About 10 signings needed to give us a chance.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024