Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again 07:21 - Mar 28 with 1031 viewsKeno

Recession in
Recession out
Come the next election get the Tories out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-68680004?ns_mchannel=social&ns_sour

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 07:32 - Mar 28 with 979 viewsgtsb1966

I'll have a 10p wager with you that Mordaunt will be the prime minister fighting this years election especially as a John Curtice has predicted that they only have a 1% chance of winning. How much difference she would make to the Tory vote is anyones guess.
UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 07:37 - Mar 28 with 965 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 07:59 - Mar 28 with 913 viewsKeno

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 07:37 - Mar 28 by WeWereZombies

Harsh I thought I posted that quite well

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 08:24 - Mar 28 with 856 viewsEastTownBlue

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 07:32 - Mar 28 by gtsb1966

I'll have a 10p wager with you that Mordaunt will be the prime minister fighting this years election especially as a John Curtice has predicted that they only have a 1% chance of winning. How much difference she would make to the Tory vote is anyones guess.

But will she stand up and fight ?
UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 10:04 - Mar 28 with 764 viewsWeWereZombies

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 07:59 - Mar 28 by Keno

Harsh I thought I posted that quite well

Yep, I thought about adding a qualifier when I posted that the clip was aimed at the Conservatives and not Keno but then I thought I would see if you rose to the bait...knowing full well that you would go the whole Conor Sammon.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 10:41 - Mar 28 with 695 viewsClutch

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 07:32 - Mar 28 by gtsb1966

She wouldn't make any difference to the outcome that's certain.
UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 19:24 - Mar 28 with 553 viewsTractorWood

FTSE is approaching 8,000 so outlook, including change of Gov appear reasonable.

Technicality of recession or not is pretty meaningless, it is perfect corroboration to starting to bring base down a bit.

Outlook is pretty good IMHO.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 20:06 - Mar 28 with 515 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 19:24 - Mar 28 by TractorWood

FTSE is approaching 8,000 so outlook, including change of Gov appear reasonable.

Technicality of recession or not is pretty meaningless, it is perfect corroboration to starting to bring base down a bit.

Outlook is pretty good IMHO.

FTSE100 is more an indicator of global outlook, and has been flying on the back of record profits for multinationals and a weak pound (since most of them trade heavily in USD). The index is also dominated by mining and commodity firms which have benefited from strong commodity prices.

FTSE250 is a better marker for the UK economy and is trading well below its record cap as SME’s have struggled with the impact of inflation. Last year saw the highest rate of UK business failure since the GFC in 2009. The BoE have forecast the base rate to still be over 4% by the end of the year, personally I think it’s still going to be at best incredibly weak growth this year.
Login to get fewer ads

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 21:09 - Mar 28 with 457 viewsTractorWood

UK economy Hokey Cokey strikes again on 20:06 - Mar 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

FTSE100 is more an indicator of global outlook, and has been flying on the back of record profits for multinationals and a weak pound (since most of them trade heavily in USD). The index is also dominated by mining and commodity firms which have benefited from strong commodity prices.

FTSE250 is a better marker for the UK economy and is trading well below its record cap as SME’s have struggled with the impact of inflation. Last year saw the highest rate of UK business failure since the GFC in 2009. The BoE have forecast the base rate to still be over 4% by the end of the year, personally I think it’s still going to be at best incredibly weak growth this year.

Tech and AI revolution are leading the charge globally ie magnificent 7.

Some of the previously out of favour blue chips like Rolls Royce (which has been utterly phenomenal for lots of people), Barclays and Aviva are starting to creep towards a more realistic value. TBH I don't dabble outside of the blue chips. Prudential is the only equity I think is materially undervalued beyond the embedded under valuation of the FTSE. Vodafone maybe if MDV is finally sorting it out.

Agree on 2024, albeit outlook is far improved though which is leading to higher forward projections.

Good luck and DYOR 😉
[Post edited 28 Mar 21:13]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024