Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carrow Road is such a timid atmosphere compared to Portman Road 13:38 - Apr 9 with 784 viewsMaySixth

I've always thought it and Saturday it was really apparent

It has the vibe of a village fete where Portman Road is more visceral

why is this?

placid support? acoustics? different types of city/town?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Portman Road is.... on 13:41 - Apr 9 with 731 viewsBloots

....about as visceral as a bridge evening round the local vicar's gaff.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Carrow Road is such a timid atmosphere compared to Portman Road on 13:42 - Apr 9 with 737 viewstextbackup

Pretty much everyone has said how loud CR was Saturday.

And you often get posts on here saying that PR is silent.

Are you ok?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Carrow Road is such a timid atmosphere compared to Portman Road on 13:46 - Apr 9 with 706 viewsEuropablue

Carrow Road is such a timid atmosphere compared to Portman Road on 13:42 - Apr 9 by textbackup

Pretty much everyone has said how loud CR was Saturday.

And you often get posts on here saying that PR is silent.

Are you ok?

I think the problem with our fans for certain, and maybe the Norwich fans is that we are very reactive. You hardly ever feel like the crowd will give the players a lift until the players do something that we can get behind or the ref makes a bad decision, etc.
It would be great if we could get behind the team when they are struggling, we just seem like an abuse victim against Norwich.
One positive change I've noticed is that when the opposition score their customary early first goal against us there is a big roar from the crowd to get at them and score a couple.
Carrow Road is such a timid atmosphere compared to Portman Road on 13:50 - Apr 9 with 677 viewstextbackup

Carrow Road is such a timid atmosphere compared to Portman Road on 13:46 - Apr 9 by Europablue

I think the problem with our fans for certain, and maybe the Norwich fans is that we are very reactive. You hardly ever feel like the crowd will give the players a lift until the players do something that we can get behind or the ref makes a bad decision, etc.
It would be great if we could get behind the team when they are struggling, we just seem like an abuse victim against Norwich.
One positive change I've noticed is that when the opposition score their customary early first goal against us there is a big roar from the crowd to get at them and score a couple.

I’ve read from fans in the away at CR Saturday, and not even those 400 freebies, I’m talking proper week in week outers… saying ‘the away end was flat because they (players) weren’t giving us much to react to’ 😂😂😂 it’s a local Derby ffs

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024