Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new one for the Tories - paying off 'captors' with campaign funds 09:15 - Apr 18 with 434 viewsElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/17/tory-mp-loses-whip-after-claims

According to the Times, Menzies phoned his former campaign manager, now a party volunteer, at 3.15am one night in December saying he was locked in a flat by “some bad people” and needed £5,000 as a matter of “life and death”.

Hours later Menzies’ campaign manager paid him the sum, which had risen to £6,500, from her personal savings. She was reimbursed from campaign donations, the paper said.
A new one for the Tories - paying off 'captors' with campaign funds on 09:22 - Apr 18 with 413 viewsNthQldITFC

It's like a detention centre for delinquent toddlers who make up stories like 'the dog ate my homework' and 'I strenuously deny the accusations' and hope(?) that someone might believe them.

What I can never work out is whether they expect their ludicrous excuses to have any effect outside of their own sh!tty little brains.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

A new one for the Tories - paying off 'captors' with campaign funds on 09:49 - Apr 18 with 380 viewsWeWereZombies

Makes you wonder about some of the negotiations for some of those PPE contracts doesn't it ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A new one for the Tories - paying off 'captors' with campaign funds on 10:00 - Apr 18 with 358 viewsBasuco

A new one for the Tories - paying off 'captors' with campaign funds on 09:22 - Apr 18 by NthQldITFC

It's like a detention centre for delinquent toddlers who make up stories like 'the dog ate my homework' and 'I strenuously deny the accusations' and hope(?) that someone might believe them.

What I can never work out is whether they expect their ludicrous excuses to have any effect outside of their own sh!tty little brains.

The excuses sound more and more like a Little Britain sketch.
A new one for the Tories - paying off 'captors' with campaign funds on 10:05 - Apr 18 with 340 viewsHelp

What will they think of next.
A new one for the Tories - paying off 'captors' with campaign funds on 11:06 - Apr 18 with 298 viewskeighleyblue

I dont even bother reading these stories of so-called 'scandal' around these people any more. I long ago came to the conclusion that the most sociopathic, xenophobic, inadequate, corrupt losers in the country have ended up in the current Tory government.
[Post edited 18 Apr 11:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024