Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play offs - hard to call 11:51 - May 7 with 719 viewsbillybluehat

Looking at the form table for the last 6 games, its impossible to say who are favourites to come through them successfully.

But, to be honest, WHO CARES - WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE !!!!!
Play offs - hard to call on 12:06 - May 7 with 644 viewsdavblue

West Brom - They've got a very tactical manager, will be hard to beat over 2 legs, whether they have enough in a one off tie, not sure.

Southampton - They will dominate the ball against any team in this league, will be able to score goals as home and away, best performance i've seen against Ipswich at PR this year, for 55 mins, in total control of the game from 15-65.

Norwich - Have matchwinners, if they get their noses in front, they will look to manage the game and hit on the counter, Excellent at home, Away form is very iffy. Manager might hold them back by being too defensive, but more than capable of sitting in.

Leeds - Capable of scoring goals and blowing teams away, been defensively solid until recently, do they have the experience to manage the 2 play off games and final potentially? Not sure. How has the 3rd place finish affected them?
Play offs - hard to call on 12:19 - May 7 with 577 views_clive_baker_

Leeds will blow Norwich away. 1st leg might be tight, but I think Leeds will have too much attacking quality under the Elland Road lights.

Other semi is more interesting, I wouldn't like to call it. Both going into it off the back of a good win, 2 very different styles, Saints done the double over them in the league this season and I think their quality on the ball and ability to control possession might just prove too much. Stuart Armstrong is a big miss though.

A Leeds v Saints final would probably be the best spectacle for the neutral. It's nice to know at least 2, potentially all 3 of Norwich, Farke and Martin will be left licking their wounds after this playoff campaign.
Play offs - hard to call on 12:22 - May 7 with 546 viewsSitfcB

Come on West Brom.

Boring team and boring for the Prem but the rest are all c-units.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Play offs - hard to call on 12:26 - May 7 with 526 viewsbaxterbasics

I would like WBA to win it, but head says this *should* be an easy take for Leeds, though they need to sort their act out quick given their recent form. If they blow it in the semi Vs Nodge, then expect to see Southampton ultimate victors. But again, would prefer WBA.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Play offs - hard to call on 12:44 - May 7 with 416 viewsArnieM

IF scum got promoted, and its a very big "if". We could take consolation from that, in that it'd be one less relegation slot to worry about, because they'd occupy it. But of course if Leeds got promoted, similarly they could well be in the brown stuff with possible points deductions? Are Leicester also likely to get a points deduction still. All of which could potentially help us as we strike to consolidate ourselves as PL club...unless of course we continue in our current rich vein of form, and steamroller the big guns for a Champions League slot... Why not...

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Play offs - hard to call on 13:13 - May 7 with 321 viewsEuropablue

I think Leeds will do it. They were so good against the top sides. They found it much harder against relegation threatened teams. Southampton can beat anyone on their day, but Martin sets them up to be so frail that when they aren't at their best you wouldn't back them. West Brom and Norwich have their plus points, but they would need some good fortune to win over two legs, maybe less so for West Brom.

I totally agree, I don't really care who goes up, but I am tending towards anyone but Norwich because in the end coming second and winning the playoff basically gets you the same result and it would be a slight downer to have them rain on our parade. On the other hand, it would be nice to see Norwich struggle in the Prem and win a couple of Old Farm derbies on the big stage!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024