Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thought (re McKenna) 12:21 - May 22 with 868 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

If you were a manager in the middle of salary/bonus negotiations and looking to secure the biggest transfer budget you can, would you:

A) Give an unambiguous, public committal to stay at Ipswich, come what may and that you’re in it for the long haul, or

B) Make positive, but ambiguous comments about how great it is here, leaving open the possibility you could be lured away?

This may be wishful thinking, but I really hope that this is what it’s all about!
A thought (re McKenna) on 12:26 - May 22 with 791 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That was my read of it. Why would he commit to staying publicly if there are negotiations going on with Town.

I'm 100% sure McKenna would prefer to stay with Town, but he's going to want to see Ashton and the ownership go full on balls out in their commitment to take us to the next step - mid table competitive.

On the other hand, If he gets any hint that staying in the Prem will be nigh on impossible, I'm pretty confident he'll be off. Over to Ashton, Schwartz and Steed, I'm sure they already know the value of McKenna.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

A thought (re McKenna) on 12:29 - May 22 with 754 viewsReus30

He is just saying the right things.

Also, if he has had extensive chats with MA about budgets, that's got to be exciting as. We essentially can go balls out and spend whatever he needs because our income potential is far higher than most clubs going straight up.

Come on MA, promise him Hutchinson and he will stay!
A thought (re McKenna) on 13:35 - May 22 with 463 viewsGuthrum

I wouldn't imagine McKenna is particularly in that situation. From what Ashton's said, things like the transfer budget were sorted ages ago (contingent upon which division we'd be in). It's probably half spent already, or at least earmarked towards certain hirings.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024