Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgotten 1 hit wonders 22:29 - Mar 2 with 8787 viewsgtsb1966

that were bloody good.
11
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 08:27 - Mar 3 with 1166 viewsIndependentlyBlue


Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 08:36 - Mar 3 with 1151 viewsIndependentlyBlue



Edit: vocals attributed to Marlene O’Dirtrac. AKA Cait O’Riordan from The Pogues
[Post edited 3 Mar 8:46]

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 08:40 - Mar 3 with 1136 viewsIndependentlyBlue

She’s got to be one of the best female British blues singers ever. Saw her a few years back, still wonderful.


Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 08:49 - Mar 3 with 1115 viewssoupytwist

3
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 08:50 - Mar 3 with 1117 viewsDJR

While the Ramones were inventing punk in New York, something not dissimilar was going on completely independently in Australia.

They produced some great songs but this was their only hit.

2
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 08:55 - Mar 3 with 1104 viewsDJR

I loved their art school, tongue-in-cheek image.

2
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:04 - Mar 3 with 1077 viewsFromReuserWithLove





1
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:14 - Mar 3 with 1056 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 07:04 - Mar 3 by DJR



I didn’t realise they were a one hit wonder? Awesome song.


Edit. I hadn’t realised Soft Cell’s Tainted Love was a one hit wonder either, but that’s certainly not forgotten.

I’m trying to remember one that I should know because my brother in law is in the band. It’s got a trumpet in it, and not many lyrics. A bit of a soulful party vibe. It was a one hit wonder and I’ve definitely forgotten it
[Post edited 3 Mar 9:32]

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
Login to get fewer ads

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:51 - Mar 3 with 1013 viewsDJR

From the man who invented the punk look (spiky hair, ripped clothes) that Malcolm McClaren borrowed..

[Post edited 3 Mar 10:05]
2
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:57 - Mar 3 with 999 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ha, remembered it. This one - it reached #3 in the charts in 98.



Was it “blood good”. Not so sure about that, but was catchy and is forgotten.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:59 - Mar 3 with 993 viewssoupytwist

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:14 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

I didn’t realise they were a one hit wonder? Awesome song.


Edit. I hadn’t realised Soft Cell’s Tainted Love was a one hit wonder either, but that’s certainly not forgotten.

I’m trying to remember one that I should know because my brother in law is in the band. It’s got a trumpet in it, and not many lyrics. A bit of a soulful party vibe. It was a one hit wonder and I’ve definitely forgotten it
[Post edited 3 Mar 9:32]


Sounds a bit like this one hit wonder

3
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:01 - Mar 3 with 991 viewsBlueBoots


Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

1
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:02 - Mar 3 with 986 viewsmarKoffC

2
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:05 - Mar 3 with 970 viewsleitrimblue

Can't believe to qoute Eminem, you forgot about Joe

1
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:05 - Mar 3 with 969 viewsgtsb1966

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:59 - Mar 3 by soupytwist

Sounds a bit like this one hit wonder



Duplicate
[Post edited 3 Mar 10:06]
0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:09 - Mar 3 with 957 viewsDJR

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:02 - Mar 3 by marKoffC



Great choice. I stil have the album, and also love this which was never released as a single.

[Post edited 3 Mar 10:10]
1
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:12 - Mar 3 with 945 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:59 - Mar 3 by soupytwist

Sounds a bit like this one hit wonder



Close!

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:16 - Mar 3 with 933 viewsOvertheborderblue

Captain Beaky
‘Hissing Sid has swallowed toad’
1
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:22 - Mar 3 with 922 viewsGlasgowBlue


Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:25 - Mar 3 with 915 viewsWhos_blue

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:14 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

I didn’t realise they were a one hit wonder? Awesome song.


Edit. I hadn’t realised Soft Cell’s Tainted Love was a one hit wonder either, but that’s certainly not forgotten.

I’m trying to remember one that I should know because my brother in law is in the band. It’s got a trumpet in it, and not many lyrics. A bit of a soulful party vibe. It was a one hit wonder and I’ve definitely forgotten it
[Post edited 3 Mar 9:32]


Not sure about this Swanners. Soft cell had several hits in the early 80s.
The torch, Bedsitter, say hello wave goodbye come to mind.
All great tracks and charted as far as I can remember.

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

2
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:31 - Mar 3 with 899 viewsgtsb1966

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 09:14 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

I didn’t realise they were a one hit wonder? Awesome song.


Edit. I hadn’t realised Soft Cell’s Tainted Love was a one hit wonder either, but that’s certainly not forgotten.

I’m trying to remember one that I should know because my brother in law is in the band. It’s got a trumpet in it, and not many lyrics. A bit of a soulful party vibe. It was a one hit wonder and I’ve definitely forgotten it
[Post edited 3 Mar 9:32]


Is it this?
0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:59 - Mar 3 with 862 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think the 80's was the best decade for one hit wonders.


Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 11:00 - Mar 3 with 861 viewsWhos_blue

I think this was one too.


"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 11:04 - Mar 3 with 860 viewsWhos_blue

Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 10:59 - Mar 3 by GlasgowBlue

I think the 80's was the best decade for one hit wonders.



Ahem.

And then there's this.......


"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Forgotten 1 hit wonders on 14:57 - Mar 3 with 788 viewsGlasgowBlue


Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026