Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R.I.P. Mark Doyle, a "brilliant, brave, empathetic reporter". 12:34 - Sep 26 with 740 viewsRyorry

and "legendary figure ...his reporting helped convince the UK government of the need for a robust intervention ...Hence the saving of thousands of Sierra Leonean lives that would otherwise have been at huge risk,"

And earning the trust of children, who lowered their guns at a checkpoint when they heard his voice - "children forced to kill other children".

If anyone wants a bit of perspective during the international break, listen to and read BBC World Service & 'From Our Own Correspondent' this morning on R4 (and sorry to bang the drum, but this is why defunding the Beeb is such a terrible idea) -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/art


Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

7
R.I.P. Mark Doyle, a "brilliant, brave, empathetic reporter". on 14:07 - Sep 26 with 567 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Never apologise for banging that drum!
3
R.I.P. Mark Doyle, a "brilliant, brave, empathetic reporter". on 20:16 - Sep 26 with 327 viewsRyorry

R.I.P. Mark Doyle, a "brilliant, brave, empathetic reporter". on 14:07 - Sep 26 by ArnoldMoorhen

Never apologise for banging that drum!


Advice taken, thanks! 🥁

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mag
[Post edited 26 Sep 20:28]

Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026