Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dolly's Match Report 19:43 - Jul 29 with 1385 viewsDolly2.0

Friedbreakfastedly sated, I made an early morning decision to head to Charlton. I thought, well I live in London, I fecked up by booking a holiday which coincides with the first game, I'm at a bit of a loose end.

Mistake. Bad, bad mistake. Staying at home and punching myself in the face for two hours would've been preferable.

Brixton Hill is currently a 'closed for traffic' river, due to dodgy Tory-underfunded water pipes, so I cycled down to the station. Soon I arrived at Charlton. A place, and this might just be me, that always seems miserable. Like a depressed vampire, it sucks your blood and your joy at the same time. I went in the Antigallican pub for a couple of pints of football pain killers. You know a pub's rough when all the glasses are plastic. It's so sh!t the north of England would turn its nose up.

One of the barmaids looked like she'd be pretty if you dug deep enough through the layers of makeup.

The edge taken off, I headed to the ground. I bought a very nice cheese and onion pie off a young lady named Precious. Little did I know this was to be the most precious highlight of my day, other than bumping into a couple of old mates, who I sat with.

From then the highlights, frankly, involved a hardy flock of pigeons swirling around and looking for a place to land on the pitch. Mostly it was in the Ipswich attacking zones... free as they were from any Ipswich attacking. I could've sat amongst those pigeons and iced a cake.

You know the half time score. I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say Mick was eyeing a couple of the pigeons. Only on loan though, we're not made of money.

Second half was a slight improvement, almost as entertaining as clowns. Andre Dozzell was a bright spark, showing deft touches and close control. No idea where he gets that from. And his twin (haircut) brother looked alright too. Salami or something. He got a pizza the action.

I was going to say the rest were worse than awful, but to be fair Garner looked pretty good. Hard working, brave. He'll get sent off at least once this season.

I arrived with a beautiful lady called Optimism... but she shrivelled right in front of my eyes. Now Pessimism sits here, fag ash on her lips, stinking of booze, black teeth, welcoming me into the same rubbish club I've been in a million times before. The sort of club where you think it can't be so sh!t anymore, but you get served a glass with lipstick on the rim.

I am now at home and drinking heavily.

COYB.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Dolly's Match Report on 20:34 - Jul 29 with 1223 viewsJimmy86

I'd rather have Garner playing for us, than against us. He is a nasty little sh1t and really has that dirty streak. I remember when he last played at PR for Preston he gave Berra a run for his money and caught him with a flailing arm. He then had a go at the ref for booking him for it.

I bet a tenner that he'll get at least 10 yellows and 1 red during next season
Dolly's Match Report on 20:46 - Jul 29 with 1176 viewsWestSussexBlue

Dolly's Match Report on 20:34 - Jul 29 by Jimmy86

I'd rather have Garner playing for us, than against us. He is a nasty little sh1t and really has that dirty streak. I remember when he last played at PR for Preston he gave Berra a run for his money and caught him with a flailing arm. He then had a go at the ref for booking him for it.

I bet a tenner that he'll get at least 10 yellows and 1 red during next season

I wouldn't mind a tough Ipswich as opposed to the boring hoof ball Ipswich that We hear so many times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024