Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boiler repairs advice 18:55 - Aug 30 with 1663 viewsVic

Our boiler has gone up,the shoot. Been advised thatnthe fan is up the shoot, so it needs to be replaced together with an air pressure switch. Had a quote for north or £300 - sound unbelievably high to me for simply taking the casing off, supply and fit of the two parts and reinstating boiler supply.

What should I expect to pay? (I'm based in Ipswich)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Boiler repairs advice on 19:11 - Aug 30 with 1625 viewsColin_Viljoen

That's the spirit, have a go yourself!!
Boiler repairs advice on 19:11 - Aug 30 with 1629 viewssuffolkpoker

It could be worth speaking to the boiler make and see if they do any warranty plan.

I took out a plan that saved me more than my quotes and it broke down later in the year again. Plus you get the payments spread over 12 months

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Boiler repairs advice on 20:07 - Aug 30 with 1578 viewsgreyhound

Boilers are like electrics. You can't really touch either of them so engineers charge what the hell they like as well as any appropriate loading as to whether the job is worth their time. For example costed out that job doesn't cost 300 quid on the nose.
Boiler repairs advice on 20:36 - Aug 30 with 1539 viewsMark

That's the third of the cost of a new boiler! (excluding fitting) I'd get some more quotes. www.gassaferegister.co.uk is a good place to look. Find a good local plumber you can trust and it'll save you thousands over the years.
Boiler repairs advice on 08:01 - Aug 31 with 1411 viewsfranco

Give me the make , model and GCSEs number of the boiler and I'll find you the proper price
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024