Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... 20:54 - Sep 5 with 2021 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....well worth a read whatever side of the Brexit fence you are on....

https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2017/09/varoufakis-the-book/

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 10:46 - Sep 6 with 1904 viewsNo9

It is interstign that some staticians / journo's e.g. those writing in publications like Business insider now claim the UK is lagging behind all other EU countries and even Greece has a higher growth rate ?

Now this morning one of the 'think tanks' claims the UK economic model is badly broken.

Varoufakis was at the UEA recently but I missed it.
Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 13:22 - Sep 6 with 1867 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Thanks for posting this. Interesting article. Am in Greece next week, will hunt down this book for some holiday reading. When over there last autumn, many Greeks I spoke to 'blamed' Merkel & Germany/EU for their precarious plight & were understanding of the Uk voting to leave, will be interesting to get their take on these issues now.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 17:47 - Sep 6 with 1816 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 13:22 - Sep 6 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thanks for posting this. Interesting article. Am in Greece next week, will hunt down this book for some holiday reading. When over there last autumn, many Greeks I spoke to 'blamed' Merkel & Germany/EU for their precarious plight & were understanding of the Uk voting to leave, will be interesting to get their take on these issues now.

I spent a glorious 2 weeks on Paxos last year and you can't beat talking to people on the coal face as it were. One of my regular questions was...with hindsight and going forward, drachma or euro ? The answer was 100% drachma . Hope you enjoy the book and Greece .

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 18:38 - Sep 6 with 1792 viewsJ2BLUE

Cheers, will have a read later.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 18:45 - Sep 6 with 1786 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 17:47 - Sep 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

I spent a glorious 2 weeks on Paxos last year and you can't beat talking to people on the coal face as it were. One of my regular questions was...with hindsight and going forward, drachma or euro ? The answer was 100% drachma . Hope you enjoy the book and Greece .

Thanks, Kefalonia again. Got the same response re Drachma v Euro.
Found basic goods in supermarkets & mini marts more expensive on the whole than in the UK. My contacts saying generally prices 5 to 10% more this year. Also noticed that was given receipts for everything as opposed to a few years back when the bill was scribbled on the table cloth. Still, love the country & the people & feel for them.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 09:05 - Sep 7 with 1679 viewsNo9

Varoufakis, Europe (Germany), us and the banks..... on 18:45 - Sep 6 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thanks, Kefalonia again. Got the same response re Drachma v Euro.
Found basic goods in supermarkets & mini marts more expensive on the whole than in the UK. My contacts saying generally prices 5 to 10% more this year. Also noticed that was given receipts for everything as opposed to a few years back when the bill was scribbled on the table cloth. Still, love the country & the people & feel for them.

Any local products should be cheap as they don't have to buy them in.
If they went back to the Drachma which the rest of the world might consider worthlessor, not acccept would that not make things worse for them?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024