Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An interesting article on emotions 23:51 - Oct 14 with 1116 viewsNewcyBlue

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20171012-how-emotions-can-trick-your-mind-and-bo

This actually explains a fair bit for me. Being away for so long, sometimes with very little communication, I can sometimes let my body rule my head, and before I know it get into a bad place.

I have certainly learnt some of my more negative responses, and going to the gym does seem to help.

There are other posters on here who have shared their mental health struggles far more eloquently than I ever could. Such is the chaotic nature of my reactions to the way i feel.

I haven't had a lot of sleep lately, and in passing MrsNewcy said "you probably have caught a bug. At home you have terrible sleeps when you are ill."

I actually thought I was having a mental health wobble, but instead she could very much be right on point. Due to the fact I had convinced myself it was a wobble, I started behaving as if it was.

I have to learn more about what my body is telling me, rather than go straight to a learned behaviour. I'll try a Body Scan thing and see how I get on.

Be good to each other TWTD.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

An interesting article on emotions on 05:16 - Oct 15 with 1057 viewsblue_oyster

Let's hope the scientist wasn't in love *and had the flu. It would be a shame that she would have convinced herself otherwise, if it was indeed the case.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

An interesting article on emotions on 08:34 - Oct 15 with 1022 viewsSwailsey

Really good read that man, thanks.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

An interesting article on emotions on 08:37 - Oct 15 with 1020 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm the exact same, I need social interaction or I slowly go crazy

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024