Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Warky Report: Hull (h) 22:52 - Mar 13 with 1207 viewsWarkystache

Choose Mick

Choose 'great on a shoestring' signings from other clubs' reserves, Choose backs to the wall and all for one, one for all. Choose an arm round the shoulder. Choose funny little quips at press conferences. Choose battling performances short on quality.

Choose missing the relegation spots by some way. Choose sighs of relief as that 'difficult' looking season resolves into mid-table safety. Choose a half-decent left back, bought for pence and sold to Bournemouth for eight million quid. Choose a flirtation with the play-offs despite the sh*tty budget.

Choose a few negative performances. Choose a few more. Choose a few more. Choose a poor, weak performance against a slightly higher team and a heavy defeat. Choose a lack of investment to address clear issues on the pitch. Choose a jocular guffaw at a press conference and a quick word with Stephen Gleeson's agent 'cos you've heard he's free.

Choose two winnable home games. Choose a weakened team. Choose baffling the home support with your team. Choose no shots on goal. Choose a record scoreless run of home games. Choose a player who hasn't ever looked particularly at home in the Championship and whose form is lower than a snake's nipsy. Choose him to play nearly all of one of the home games.

Choose a huddle. Choose defiance in the face of the bleedin' obvious. Choose the bullet. Choose to escape it 'cos you know the owner doesn't f*cking care, has never cared, cares more about having a respectable 'front' for his ticket touting enterprises than actually coming up with an achievable, sustainable plan for promotion. Choose another year scuttling around in the mid-to-lower reaches of a league that everyone else is raging against to leave. Choose apathy. Choose resentment. Choose renewing because 'it's what I'm used to and I fully support Mick and the boys'. Choose repeating the same thing over and over again, ad finitum, until someone, somewhere makes a difference and the cycle stops.

Choose Mick. Personally, I chose not to choose Mick. I chose something else. But I can't tell you what, because I don't know. Choose change and choose it quick 'cos if there's one thing getting done 3-0 at home to a team who win away as often as we spend money tells you, it's that this aint a one-off. This is your future. Choose wisely.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

The Warky Report: Hull (h) on 23:55 - Mar 13 with 1076 viewsLuk38644

Good stuff this mate - Hope you got home safely with your 'migraine'!
The Warky Report: Hull (h) on 23:58 - Mar 13 with 1065 viewsEireannach_gorm

Unfortunately it is Evans choice not yours.
The Warky Report: Hull (h) on 00:03 - Mar 14 with 1039 viewsgood_at_COD

Well said sir. Sums up our dilemma nicely.

Giggsy

The Warky Report: Hull (h) on 00:04 - Mar 14 with 1031 viewsvapour_trail

Good stuff warkers.

But who do we Choose next?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024