Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowley Brothers 14:07 - Apr 13 with 2608 viewsmidastouch

I keep hearing long ball reports about the Cowley brothers, that's a real concern to me!

Perhaps we need somebody like the excellent Harry from Bath do some digging and find out what style the Lincoln fans think the Cowley brothers play as they'd know better than anyone.

Some are even saying on the Norwich forums they play long ball (see here behind enemy lines: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3/3618288/ShowPost.asp and heard several on here say as much.

I remember when we played them they like to try and pick out their big target-man Rhead.

I don't want a hoof ball merchant in here next, that would just about finish me off!

Do you think the Cowley brothers have more to their game than just a one-dimensional long ball approach? I'm not qualified to say as only ever seen them play twice, and those are 2 games I'd rather forget given the outcome!

I also posted the same on this page (

Kuqi: Why I Want to Be Town Boss 12th Apr 2018 18:12
His application for Town’s managerial vacancy duly submitted, former fans’ favourite Shefki Kuqi has underlined his love for the club and in an exclusive interview told TWTD why he believes he is a credible candidate to replace the departed Mick McCarthy. 102

but on reflection thought it might warrant a new thread. Apologies if something similar has already been discussed, if so please be as kind to direct me to that thread.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 14:11]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Cowley Brothers on 14:18 - Apr 13 with 2546 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

1. TWTD is bad enough, why on earth torture yourself getting opinion on a Norwich forum?

2. We dont really know whether they have another string to their bow. I am open minded, but plenty on here view that as being impossible.

3. Worry about it if and when it happens, dont waste your energy fretting about it now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cowley Brothers on 14:25 - Apr 13 with 2530 viewsmidastouch

Cowley Brothers on 14:18 - Apr 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

1. TWTD is bad enough, why on earth torture yourself getting opinion on a Norwich forum?

2. We dont really know whether they have another string to their bow. I am open minded, but plenty on here view that as being impossible.

3. Worry about it if and when it happens, dont waste your energy fretting about it now.

@ Marshalls Mullet

1) I live behind enemy lines in Norfolk and I even know some of the posters on there and I like the general banter so I do occasionally have a nose on there.

2) You seem very relaxed about the appointment. Do you trust in Evans to get it right? Do you not have your own preference?

3) And it's hard not to fret given I'm in the vanguard of EA flack (and have been for years) I really want us to get this one right. There is no hiding place here and I want to finally get some bragging rights again!

Cheers for your thoughts.

Cheers

Cowley Brothers on 14:39 - Apr 13 with 2472 viewsmidastouch

Cowley Brothers on 14:25 - Apr 13 by midastouch

@ Marshalls Mullet

1) I live behind enemy lines in Norfolk and I even know some of the posters on there and I like the general banter so I do occasionally have a nose on there.

2) You seem very relaxed about the appointment. Do you trust in Evans to get it right? Do you not have your own preference?

3) And it's hard not to fret given I'm in the vanguard of EA flack (and have been for years) I really want us to get this one right. There is no hiding place here and I want to finally get some bragging rights again!

Cheers

Just spotted this poll on the site (see link below) asking people to vote on their choice for the next manager from some of the main candidates (although not all of them), still very early days but the one out of the blocks the quickest so far is the Dutch coach Maurice Steijn.
https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/supasmiler71/polls/2889/latest-thoughts-on-the-ma

Cowley Brothers on 14:49 - Apr 13 with 2451 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cowley Brothers on 14:25 - Apr 13 by midastouch

@ Marshalls Mullet

Cheers

1. Fair enough, but their views on Ipswich are not objective.

2. I am relaxed, I live by rule 3 of my OP. I know that I cant affect the outcome, so whats the point in worrying. If the Cowleys are appointed, I'll see what they deliver before judging them.

3. As above.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cowley Brothers on 20:28 - Apr 13 with 2219 viewsBobby_Petta

I post a similar thread earlier on why so many fans seem to want the Cowleys. Yes they are long ball. No point replacing Mick with the same style of manager. I Don't believe they have enough about them to change their style, not saying they are not good managers but never played or managed at this level. Wasn't long a go they were P.E teachers. I would prefer Hurst or Jones of Luton, young but play passing style of attacking football. Someone posted a piece about Hurst from sky news very impressive. The Dutch guy seems Ok, though in Holland Jaap stam is still highly rated.
Cowley Brothers on 23:02 - Apr 13 with 2098 viewsmidastouch

Cowley Brothers on 20:28 - Apr 13 by Bobby_Petta

I post a similar thread earlier on why so many fans seem to want the Cowleys. Yes they are long ball. No point replacing Mick with the same style of manager. I Don't believe they have enough about them to change their style, not saying they are not good managers but never played or managed at this level. Wasn't long a go they were P.E teachers. I would prefer Hurst or Jones of Luton, young but play passing style of attacking football. Someone posted a piece about Hurst from sky news very impressive. The Dutch guy seems Ok, though in Holland Jaap stam is still highly rated.

Cheers Bobby. If they are predominately long ball I'm not keen at all. Let's hope we get somebody in who can get us playing both pretty and effective football.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024