Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again 16:07 - May 19 with 1520 viewswkj

I don't know about you, but it baffles me when I see some bloke trying to be edgy by posting spin off threads about blokes trying to be trendy about confusion towards public priority.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 16:08]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:10 - May 19 with 1494 viewsBackToRussia

Mate, stop trying to be trendy.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:11 - May 19 with 1492 viewswkj

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:10 - May 19 by BackToRussia

Mate, stop trying to be trendy.

edge lord

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:15 - May 19 with 1481 viewsBackToRussia

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:11 - May 19 by wkj

edge lord

Double edged lord?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:16 - May 19 with 1479 viewswkj

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:15 - May 19 by BackToRussia

Double edged lord?

... you got me

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:25 - May 19 with 1464 viewsfooters

There's absolutely no way in hell that I'm ever going to use paragraphs when I write stuff on TWTD. I mean how sad are you to spend time on the internet complaining about the way other people structure their writing, whether here or elsewhere. What's the point? Does it give you real pleasure being some sort of grammar Nazi, just to make yourself feel better? I don't have to change the way I write because some melt on TWTD tells me to. I'll write the way I want and there's no way you or anyone else is going to change that. Got it? If you can't handle the fact that some people don't put paragraphs in, then I'm sorry but you'll just have to accept it, snowflake. Simple facts are these: first, some of us just like writing like that and don't care what millennials have toy about it; second, there are loads of people out there, I mean LOADS, who don't have return keys to actually put a paragraph in where there should be one. I take it it's your position that these people should be denied access to TWTD and other sources of internet related stuff? Huh. Not so much a man of the people now, are you? Honestly, it makes me sick how long I've actually spent typing this out just to make a stupid internet joke but to be honest it's better than work, I've got a can on the go and am about to watch the FA Cup, so have nothing better to do.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:26 - May 19 with 1450 viewswkj

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:25 - May 19 by footers

There's absolutely no way in hell that I'm ever going to use paragraphs when I write stuff on TWTD. I mean how sad are you to spend time on the internet complaining about the way other people structure their writing, whether here or elsewhere. What's the point? Does it give you real pleasure being some sort of grammar Nazi, just to make yourself feel better? I don't have to change the way I write because some melt on TWTD tells me to. I'll write the way I want and there's no way you or anyone else is going to change that. Got it? If you can't handle the fact that some people don't put paragraphs in, then I'm sorry but you'll just have to accept it, snowflake. Simple facts are these: first, some of us just like writing like that and don't care what millennials have toy about it; second, there are loads of people out there, I mean LOADS, who don't have return keys to actually put a paragraph in where there should be one. I take it it's your position that these people should be denied access to TWTD and other sources of internet related stuff? Huh. Not so much a man of the people now, are you? Honestly, it makes me sick how long I've actually spent typing this out just to make a stupid internet joke but to be honest it's better than work, I've got a can on the go and am about to watch the FA Cup, so have nothing better to do.

i genuinely tried to read it all, but my brain revolted against my will on the 6th line

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:29 - May 19 with 1435 viewsfooters

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:26 - May 19 by wkj

i genuinely tried to read it all, but my brain revolted against my will on the 6th line

My brain's often revolting too. x

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:59 - May 19 with 1381 viewsHarryfromBath

This subject appeals to my inner saddo as I am convinced that there is a psychological difference between reading a paragraph of text on paper and on a screen. When piecing quotes together for my pre-match notes I never let the paragraphs stray over three lines on my Word document.

This constraint can be problematic if there is an detailed issue which needs including as every paragraph aims to convey a collective opinion from the relevant comments, but I know that it is so easy to glaze over longer bodies of text.

You actually encounter this when reading posts on other forums. Someone in an animated match-report with have included a cornucopia of insights in one long screed. I always take my time when these appear to go through them carefully as it is easy to miss out on some thoughtful comments.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Login to get fewer ads

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 17:04 - May 19 with 1366 viewswkj

Anti Paragraph Movement strikes again on 16:59 - May 19 by HarryfromBath

This subject appeals to my inner saddo as I am convinced that there is a psychological difference between reading a paragraph of text on paper and on a screen. When piecing quotes together for my pre-match notes I never let the paragraphs stray over three lines on my Word document.

This constraint can be problematic if there is an detailed issue which needs including as every paragraph aims to convey a collective opinion from the relevant comments, but I know that it is so easy to glaze over longer bodies of text.

You actually encounter this when reading posts on other forums. Someone in an animated match-report with have included a cornucopia of insights in one long screed. I always take my time when these appear to go through them carefully as it is easy to miss out on some thoughtful comments.

You might save time if you were to copy and paste those kinds of comments into a word document and used Ctrl F to cycle through full stops, that way you can hodgepodge the post into some sort of paragraph structure. I have done that a few times on here I must admit

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024