Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being in hurst's shoes 13:10 - May 29 with 859 viewsMeenoITFC

Which position(s) would you look to strengthen?

on another note, I was speaking to a Rotherham fan and he said how good Emmanuel was for them, hes sad to see him go!

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Being in hurst's shoes on 13:18 - May 29 with 812 viewswkj

Another striker (I don't think Morris is ready, and we lack a little depth there now, someone who can operate in an AMC possition ideally) , Central Defender - I'm hoping Woolfie will make a few appearances this year, but we need someone else there, would love to CCV back for another year, but we need one big, strong ball playing CD with a loud bark and no obvious signs of injury proneness. With Crowe gone, and Bart's future unconfirmed, we need a solid back up plan, or even a #1. It is possible Hurst might dip into the Shrewsbury pot for their number 1- I do hate to say it but for me Gerken should be an absolute last resort (not including academy)

Hurst likes to play with wingers, so if it is a winger system, then we have to assume he'd look at strengthening there.

The real dilemma is MC- we have a group of players there who are capable players, but all croaked. I would cautiously say we dont need anyone there with a huge dose of fingers crossed that our current players manage to not pick up long term injuries again.
[Post edited 29 May 2018 13:21]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Being in hurst's shoes on 13:28 - May 29 with 757 viewsWestcountryblue

First and foremost, I think he has to work with the considerable talent that we already have. Players like Dozzell, Downes, Nydam, Bishop, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Cotter, Folami, Woolfenden, Morris and even Ben Knight have the ability and potential to be the future of this club for many years to come. Like Brian Klug did during his caretaker spell, Hurst has to really give these boys a chance in a team that plays good, passing football. They will learn little from the attritional style that we have previously adopted.

Secondly, I think he really needs to assess the conditioning and fitness set up of the club. Far too many players have been on the injury table over the last two season and this is something we need to seriously look into. Alongside that, we need to ensure that Huws and Adeyemi are ready to go on day 1 of pre season.

In terms of transfers, I think it’s more a case of hanging on to players rather than needing to buy. If we can hang on to Bart, Waghorn et al, then we have the backbone of a good side. Upfront we look a little one dimensional, so a striker with pace would be a welcome addition. I’d also like to see Carter Vickers return and 2-3 wide players join.

Id like to see us blood youngsters and have a 2-3 year plan towards getting in the play offs. During this time hopefully a good passing brand of football will be introduced and several of our younger players will get Eng U19 /U21 honours.
[Post edited 29 May 2018 13:33]
Being in hurst's shoes on 13:48 - May 29 with 666 viewsBlueBadger

Wide midfield, we could probably do with someone pace up front who can actually score couple of goals as well as out-and-out big lump.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024