Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm finding myself feeling pretty satisfied even after that loss 09:27 - Jul 12 with 500 viewsDanFord

In 2010 I sat slumped in my chair in a pub bored to tears and frustrated as hell. In 2014 it was pretty much the same. The number of times we've had a team packed full of superstars who've won countless Premier League and Champions League titles and they looked like they were going through the motions. In 2018 I have had the joy of last minute win against Tunisia, the joy of being 5-0 up at half time and not believing what I was seeing, the joy of a penalty shoot out win finally and the joy of cruising into a semi final with a calm, assured performance. Last night experience told. Modric, Manzukic, Rakitic are players who have won more trophies that our eleven combined and in the end it told. Lots to be critical about if you want to, this alleged easy route, not beating anyone decent, being too loyal, making subs too late, but I'm just going to focus on 5 of out those 6 matches being occasions filled with the joy that being a football fan gives you, even losing the plot when we went ahead last night. Best World Cup since 1990 and we now have a team of young players who play for the shirt and a manager who gets it. Maybe we won't get this far again for some time. But f*** me I've enjoyed the last month.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I'm finding myself feeling pretty satisfied even after that loss on 09:39 - Jul 12 with 470 viewsfarkenhell

That is spot on for me. Add to that getting to the semi-final when no-one really thought we would get anywhere near that, and outlasting Germany, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Argentina et al.

I don't feel satisfied though, more a case of "if only". However, the fact that I now can't wait for the Euro qualifiers to begin, is, for me, a measure of what we have achieved in this tournament.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024