Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the start of a new........ 19:12 - Aug 25 with 673 viewsDoug_Clure

project. A new dawn. A time for hope and thinking ahead, dreaming of what could be.

As I’ve posted before on here, although not regularly, I’ve been supporting Town all my life and have been watching them for 35+ years. I have seen us at our best; worst; highest and lowest over that time. But the one thing that needs to be remembered is that new dawns don’t just happen, they take time.

Ok, so we’re bottom of the table. So what. I wasn’t expecting us to challenge for the top this year. We have lived through so much s*** football over the last 10 years what’s one more season - but not of s*** football but of development.

I’m delighted we have a real thinker of a manager. Someone who wants to see possession and passing with pace. We’ve lost a couple of games, but on the whole we’ve not been outplayed - this team of players is getting to know each other. The international break will be perfect for them to reflect and reinforce messages and have pressure removed to learn more about each other.

I hate modern day football when “supporters” want us challenging for promotion instantly. I’m glad McCarthy has gone. His football vision is awful.

A group of supporters who should be more worried than us are our six fingered cousins up the road who got turned over 3-0 at home by Leeds. The budgies are in their second season of what I believe is a bigger overhaul than us. They are financially in a worse position- no more parachute payments, have a large salary bill, they’ve lost their star(?) player and their system hasn’t worked at all.

I’d rather be bottom in August than May. 39 games to go.
This is the start of a new........ on 19:15 - Aug 25 with 654 viewsSuperblue95

It's actually 41 games to go. Even better

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

This is the start of a new........ on 19:27 - Aug 25 with 617 viewsartsbossbeard

We've only just begun to live
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way
(We've only begun)

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024