Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro pretty poor! 08:01 - Oct 3 with 833 viewsJubba1975

What annoyed me most last night wasn't the result, but the fact that Boro weren't even that good. Against Brentford you could see the goal coming, but I thought we deserved more and could have got it if Hurst just swallowed his pride and played Andre, Downes and Edwards and offered Sears more time.
Boro pretty poor! on 08:04 - Oct 3 with 818 viewsCoastalblue

Boro never got going, they never had to. They woke up 15 minutes into the game and found themselves 2-0 up, all they had to do after that was go through the motions.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Boro pretty poor! on 08:14 - Oct 3 with 798 viewsRozz

Professional performance for me. Put 3 men in a narrow midfield, fell back into a 5 man defense at 2-0 and never looked like doing anything but conserving energy and frustrating us. Edwards and Sears gave them a bit more to think about, but they did a great job of isolating us and keeping us out of dangerous positions. People talk about us needing to gamble (and I agree to an extent), but lose out and you release one of Besic, Downing, Braithewaite, who all have individual quality to hurt us.

Uninspiring, yes. Poor, I don't think so.

Assombalonga off the bench though, ffs. We we really are a long way away.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 8:14]
Boro pretty poor! on 08:22 - Oct 3 with 772 viewsmathiemagic

Boro pretty poor! on 08:14 - Oct 3 by Rozz

Professional performance for me. Put 3 men in a narrow midfield, fell back into a 5 man defense at 2-0 and never looked like doing anything but conserving energy and frustrating us. Edwards and Sears gave them a bit more to think about, but they did a great job of isolating us and keeping us out of dangerous positions. People talk about us needing to gamble (and I agree to an extent), but lose out and you release one of Besic, Downing, Braithewaite, who all have individual quality to hurt us.

Uninspiring, yes. Poor, I don't think so.

Assombalonga off the bench though, ffs. We we really are a long way away.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 8:14]

I agree, Boro did exactly what they needed to do. They did not need to play well or get into top gear as they were never threatened. They came with a typical Pulis 1-0 win in their minds, found themselves 2 up courtesy of some woeful defending and coasted along to the win. I genuinely have no idea where our first win will come from. The players are just not good enough it seems.

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

Boro pretty poor! on 08:31 - Oct 3 with 756 viewsitfcjoe

Ben got it right on the Blue Monday match review.

Boro didn't even need to start the car let alone get into 1st gear - and we were lucky we were playing a Pulis side who were happy just to sit on the 2-0 rather than go for the jugular.

They had one eye on the weekend game, and still created more than us!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Boro pretty poor! on 08:31 - Oct 3 with 746 viewsRozz

Boro pretty poor! on 08:22 - Oct 3 by mathiemagic

I agree, Boro did exactly what they needed to do. They did not need to play well or get into top gear as they were never threatened. They came with a typical Pulis 1-0 win in their minds, found themselves 2 up courtesy of some woeful defending and coasted along to the win. I genuinely have no idea where our first win will come from. The players are just not good enough it seems.

We know from Mick's time that technically poor players can grind out wins with proper organisation. I fear what we'll end up with is the very same 'back to basics' approach that we'd so vocally opposed last season, and even if we do survive I imagine many fans are going to give up the spectacle altogether. Something needs to happen very quickly to turn this around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024