Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After the war quite a messy peace in Syria 17:43 - Oct 29 with 595 viewsWeWereZombies

Depressingly inconclusive but illuminating article on the struggle between outside powers to control the blitzed country:

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/istanbul-summit-failed-181029102112796

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

After the war quite a messy peace in Syria on 17:56 - Oct 29 with 586 viewsGlasgowBlue

My heart sinks reading this line "It [Russia] was deliberately targeting civilians in opposition-held areas with the aim of flooding Turkey and Europe with Syrian refugees".

What an evil bastard Putin is. To displace millions of people with the sole aim of causing unrest in Europe.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

After the war quite a messy peace in Syria on 18:34 - Oct 29 with 562 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

After the war quite a messy peace in Syria on 17:56 - Oct 29 by GlasgowBlue

My heart sinks reading this line "It [Russia] was deliberately targeting civilians in opposition-held areas with the aim of flooding Turkey and Europe with Syrian refugees".

What an evil bastard Putin is. To displace millions of people with the sole aim of causing unrest in Europe.

Furthermore......
"Today the US controls one-third of Syrian territories through its alliance with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF); Russia (through the Syrian regime) dominates a bit more than half of the country; and the rest is under Turkish supervision (through the Syrian opposition forces it supports).

The SDF-controlled area contains 90 percent of Syria's oil and gas reserves, including al-Omar, its largest oil field, as well as most of its water resources, major dams, and power plants. 

The northeast is also Syria's breadbasket. As long as this area is out of its control, no government in Damascus can survive independently from foreign aid."

Fancy !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024