Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have windows technical support on the phone right now 11:49 - Oct 29 with 4062 viewsGeoffSentence

They are just waiting for me to get my computer.

Got any tips on how I should handle them?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:52 - Oct 29 with 4038 viewswkj

Is this real windows technical support, or the ones who offer a gold package?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:53 - Oct 29 with 4029 viewsDanTheMan

If you had a VM, I'd say string them along, that's usually worth a laugh.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:54 - Oct 29 with 4025 viewsGeoffSentence

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:52 - Oct 29 by wkj

Is this real windows technical support, or the ones who offer a gold package?

This is the windows technical support who have cold called me to alert me to all the error messages they are getting from my computer.

I left her listening to radio 4 whilst I go to get my computer.

I can currently hear her shouting down the phone.

"hello, hello are you still on the line"

I think I will leave her hanging for a little longer

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:54 - Oct 29 with 4016 viewsWicklowBlue

Don't tell them you have a MacBook....
I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:55 - Oct 29 with 4010 viewswkj

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:54 - Oct 29 by GeoffSentence

This is the windows technical support who have cold called me to alert me to all the error messages they are getting from my computer.

say you cant get it to turn on and make peeps on the microwave

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 12:14 - Oct 29 with 3957 viewsBrianTablet

My preferred response: "You've come through to Suffolk Police Fraud Department. How may I help?"
[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 12:16]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 12:17 - Oct 29 with 3938 viewsGeoffSentence

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 12:14 - Oct 29 by BrianTablet

My preferred response: "You've come through to Suffolk Police Fraud Department. How may I help?"
[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 12:16]

I left her listening to radio 4 for a little while. She enjoyed it for 9 minutes before giving up and going to pester someone else.

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 13:08 - Oct 29 with 3870 viewsfactual_blue

Every time they say something, just reply 'yes'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 13:18 - Oct 29 with 3829 viewsSuperblue95

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 13:08 - Oct 29 by factual_blue

Every time they say something, just reply 'yes'

Then throw in the occasional "that would be an ecumenical matter"

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 13:53 - Oct 29 with 3745 viewsNo9

Did they claim to be BT engineers- I get this call almost daily

Just tell them BT is no longer running the lines & exchanges what can they do for you

I don't think I need to tell you to tell then NOTHING about your home or anything in it?
I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:11 - Oct 29 with 3714 viewsGeoffSentence

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 13:53 - Oct 29 by No9

Just tell them BT is no longer running the lines & exchanges what can they do for you

I don't think I need to tell you to tell then NOTHING about your home or anything in it?

Darn it. They might have worked out that I have a radio.

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:15 - Oct 29 with 3703 viewsWonky

I strung the guy along till I got bored and ended with,

'Your Indian right?, India is getting rich, many people will become rich. You however will remain poor'.

Which in retrospect was a more than a bit mean, just trying to feed his family etc etc.
I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:19 - Oct 29 with 3691 viewsNo9

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:54 - Oct 29 by GeoffSentence

It is fun leading them on , one of them called me a C**T another called me a vanker
you would think they would make a not
BUT it is a bit more sinsiter when they are calling on UK numbers and Ofcom confirm the numbers have been leased to them by BT
I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:25 - Oct 29 with 3677 viewsBluearmy71

I pretended I was a deaf old coot......ok older coot to one of those once, I had two of them shouting to me down the phone, I was curios to see where they wanted to take me to so stuck with deaf act, 8 mins down the line ( no pun intended) they wanted me to type in an http in my address bar, the call ended with me saying "what should I type in there, you'll have to speak up" He did so to which I replied "Oh cos it sounded more like...........in my normal voice now...............www dot go f*ck yourselves you conning ba*tards" you should have heard the abuse from them, priceless!!
I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:34 - Oct 29 with 3649 viewsITFC_Forever

The ambulance-chasing insurance companies are always a good one.

You get a voice-recording asking if you have had an accident, so I say yes. Quick as a flash, a human takes over the call and asks for the details.

I then make up a date (usually from the 1400s for some reason) and say my horse crashed in to a tree. Then they hang up.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:35 - Oct 29 with 3644 viewsfactual_blue

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 13:53 - Oct 29 by No9

You should tell them you don't have a phone.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:36 - Oct 29 with 3638 viewsNo9

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:35 - Oct 29 by factual_blue

You should tell them you don't have a phone.

We don't we have two bean tins & a bit of string
I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 14:51 - Oct 29 with 3608 viewsCheshire_Tractor

If they call on the landline I pretend the computer is upstairs and the phone is downstairs. When they ask me to turn the computer on I tell them I won't be able to be on the phone and computer at the same time.
I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 15:41 - Oct 29 with 3517 viewsFixed_It

You recall the accident that I had that wasn't my fault?
No - neither do I.
Keep getting phone calls, but funnily enough we keep getting cut off when I ask them for any details.
Next time I'm going to talk about the bloodbath that resulted, the trauma of the funerals - but how I'm getting better now since I've had intensive counselling....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 15:44 - Oct 29 with 3507 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I managed to get 6 minutes out of them whilst deciding to answer all questions based on the nearest object I could find, which happened to be one of the kids Etch a Sketch.

Actually turned out to be better than I'd imagined because I kept telling them that whatever I did I seemed to get lines appearing on the screen and they started to explain what type of virus it was that would cause it.

It was only when I slipped up and referred to the controls as the 'knobs' that they twigged and hung up.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 15:58 - Oct 29 with 3463 viewsFixed_It

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 15:44 - Oct 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I managed to get 6 minutes out of them whilst deciding to answer all questions based on the nearest object I could find, which happened to be one of the kids Etch a Sketch.

Actually turned out to be better than I'd imagined because I kept telling them that whatever I did I seemed to get lines appearing on the screen and they started to explain what type of virus it was that would cause it.

It was only when I slipped up and referred to the controls as the 'knobs' that they twigged and hung up.

They probably thought you were referring to them.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 17:58 - Oct 29 with 3326 viewsMJallday

I have windows technical support on the phone right now on 11:53 - Oct 29 by DanTheMan

If you had a VM, I'd say string them along, that's usually worth a laugh.

Just reverse lookup his IP then nuke him with HOIC

Always amusing

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024