Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite an interesting read on Chinese global media ambitions 08:17 - Dec 7 with 469 viewsStokieBlue

It's pretty long but:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/07/china-plan-for-global-media-dominan

I think the direct comparison by international journalists working at Xinhua to the BBC in terms of propaganda is way off but I know there are plenty who disagree with that.

"“I recognised that we were soft propaganda tools — but not to any greater extent than for the BBC or al-Jazeera, and certainly nothing like RT,”

SB
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 8:18]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Quite an interesting read on Chinese global media ambitions on 08:19 - Dec 7 with 456 viewswkj

Yeah but- guardian - flouncey flounce

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Quite an interesting read on Chinese global media ambitions on 11:24 - Dec 7 with 388 viewsNo9

Isn't this a case of the Chinese recognising, as Tony Blair did, the need to get the media on your side?
As for the BBC should we not be concerned when they allow air time to 'Taxpayers Alliance' as a 'think tank' rather than a for right movement who have very close loinks to the disreputable side of brexit? And they also give Guido Fawkes a platform on political programmes ?

How long before the BBC become the UK version of Fox News?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024