Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Short piece on referees 09:50 - Apr 5 with 650 viewsGarv

Not anything new but always worth thinking about what it's like to be on their side.

One thing that comes to mind for me is despite being just one division apart, the pressure of it and the fallout of bad decisions is so much different between the Championship and the PL. Unless its someone high profile, i.e a PL ref, I don't take notice of who officiates our games, but you pretty much always know who is reffing a PL game.

BBC News - Mistakes, abuse & VAR: What are the pressures like on a Premier League referee?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47690634

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Short piece on referees on 10:20 - Apr 5 with 619 viewsNo9

Some years ago the life of a football referee was carrried on Tv when the cameas were on David Ellery.

& there were serious events of physical attacks on Ref's e.g. Norman Burtenshaw ( Goreleston man) at Millwall.

So it isn't new the PL / EFL / FA have not done enought to get better ref's and give them a better work environment.

Money comes first
Short piece on referees on 11:47 - Apr 5 with 553 viewsGeoffSentence

"You just understand the reaction from players, managers, the crowd and think: 'I might have got this wrong.'"

FAO Mr Stroud. When the crowd are singing things like "You don't know what you are doing" or "shlt refs, whe only get shlt refs" I think that's the sort of thing he means there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024