Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 years ago today 15:10 - Apr 26 with 1158 viewsbluelagos

Now that was a good day, :-)

http://ahillsboroughsurvivor.blogspot.com/2016/05/verdict-day.html?m=1

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

3 years ago today on 15:32 - Apr 26 with 1092 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do u have a personal link to the Hillsborough disaster?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

3 years ago today on 15:37 - Apr 26 with 1080 viewsbluelagos

3 years ago today on 15:32 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Do u have a personal link to the Hillsborough disaster?

Yep, that's my blog.

Got quite involved in the justice campaign.

3 years ago today on 15:43 - Apr 26 with 1068 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3 years ago today on 15:37 - Apr 26 by bluelagos

Yep, that's my blog.

Got quite involved in the justice campaign.

Really, wow, I didn't know that.

Powerfully written. This stood out to me;

"Doreen jokes she and her daughter Steph (another Survivor) have slipped their husbands and I insist on buying them a drink. Doreen is smiling, something I have never seen before. This lady who had her son stolen from her, who was cruelly refused the right to hug her dead son, inhumanely told “He is the property of the coroner”, this lady, for that is what she is, she is smiling. Not celebrating but smiling, still dignified in a way I could never be and in a way that brings shame onto everyone in the establishment who even suspected there was a cover up and yet did nothing to expose it."

I must admit, I don't know about Hillsborough in huge depth, but reading the blog highlights some shocking behaviour by the authorities.

I was a student in Sheffield. The para about Doreens sons path that day, and it's similarities to yours must be quite chilling.

I remember watching the scenes on the news as 9 year old, and the images of people being lifted to safety and the crowded pens is still clear as day.

It still seems to be dragging on, I hope you get the right outcome.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

3 years ago today on 15:48 - Apr 26 with 1040 viewsbluelagos

3 years ago today on 15:43 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Really, wow, I didn't know that.

Powerfully written. This stood out to me;

"Doreen jokes she and her daughter Steph (another Survivor) have slipped their husbands and I insist on buying them a drink. Doreen is smiling, something I have never seen before. This lady who had her son stolen from her, who was cruelly refused the right to hug her dead son, inhumanely told “He is the property of the coroner”, this lady, for that is what she is, she is smiling. Not celebrating but smiling, still dignified in a way I could never be and in a way that brings shame onto everyone in the establishment who even suspected there was a cover up and yet did nothing to expose it."

I must admit, I don't know about Hillsborough in huge depth, but reading the blog highlights some shocking behaviour by the authorities.

I was a student in Sheffield. The para about Doreens sons path that day, and it's similarities to yours must be quite chilling.

I remember watching the scenes on the news as 9 year old, and the images of people being lifted to safety and the crowded pens is still clear as day.

It still seems to be dragging on, I hope you get the right outcome.

I really like Doreen, very softly spoken but determined lady. Hers was one of 6 families who took out the private prosecution in 1999, for which they received much criticism from many unsympathetic parties.

Dragging on indeed...

3 years ago today on 15:50 - Apr 26 with 1025 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3 years ago today on 15:48 - Apr 26 by bluelagos

I really like Doreen, very softly spoken but determined lady. Hers was one of 6 families who took out the private prosecution in 1999, for which they received much criticism from many unsympathetic parties.

Dragging on indeed...

Good for her.

How has it been funded? That must take its toll.

3 years ago today on 16:24 - Apr 26 with 974 viewsbluelagos

3 years ago today on 15:50 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good for her.

How has it been funded? That must take its toll.

Theresa May, as home Secretary agreed to fund the families' legal teams at the second inquests. I have no doubt that that helped get the verdicts as they challenged the police narrative very effectively.

The prosecutions are now state prosecutions and there is much displeasure at the lack of competence within the CPS. Can't say more due to the ongoing cases...

The 1999 prosecutions were funded by the families from their own pockets. Many could not afford to support these.

3 years ago today on 17:05 - Apr 26 with 925 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3 years ago today on 16:24 - Apr 26 by bluelagos

Theresa May, as home Secretary agreed to fund the families' legal teams at the second inquests. I have no doubt that that helped get the verdicts as they challenged the police narrative very effectively.

The prosecutions are now state prosecutions and there is much displeasure at the lack of competence within the CPS. Can't say more due to the ongoing cases...

The 1999 prosecutions were funded by the families from their own pockets. Many could not afford to support these.

Surely there was some good local fund raising for the families?

If the scourers are good at one thing, it's getting behind a cause they believe in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024