Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quote from Shrews fan after game .. 20:29 - Aug 31 with 2433 viewsJJBlue

I don’t see a team in the league that can beat them .. Best Strikers in the league , Clearly a standard beyond us
Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:40 - Aug 31 with 2246 viewspointofblue

I think the likes of Portsmouth, Coventry, Lincoln, Rotherham, Blackpool and Sunderland at the Stadium of Light will push us hard. We'll have to play better than we did today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:42 - Aug 31 with 2194 viewsstrikalite

Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:40 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

I think the likes of Portsmouth, Coventry, Lincoln, Rotherham, Blackpool and Sunderland at the Stadium of Light will push us hard. We'll have to play better than we did today.

Sunderland were dreadful at Peterborough today, nothing in attack, don't think they had one shot all game...
Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:50 - Aug 31 with 2088 viewspointofblue

Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:42 - Aug 31 by strikalite

Sunderland were dreadful at Peterborough today, nothing in attack, don't think they had one shot all game...

They were pretty poor down here but still got a draw!

We should be up there, don't get me wrong, but assuming this division will be a cakewalk, even now, is asking for a fall.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:55 - Aug 31 with 2016 viewsstrikalite

Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:50 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

We should be up there, don't get me wrong, but assuming this division will be a cakewalk, even now, is asking for a fall.

Oh yeah absolutely, they turned over Burnley in the week, maybe that had something to do with being a yard off the pace today not sure but they certainly were poor, and had two men sent off second half too..

Early days, but great to start well..
Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:59 - Aug 31 with 1943 viewsGuthrum

Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:40 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

Despite the down-thumbs, I think you're right. We are going to have to fight to achieve automatic promotion. Teams on that list will give us a run for our money, especially at their home grounds.

I certainly don't expect us to go the season undefeated, but we can afford five losses and about twice that many draws. The trick will be not falling apart when the inevitable does happen.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 21:15 - Aug 31 with 1792 viewsWickets

I thought they where pretty good today, shot themselves in the foot really conceeding early poor pen to give away as i think they had 3 men around KVY so little need to make the tackle and then the sending off well just stupid . Could have been a close game . I think them and Pboro best we have played so far . Great to be winning and a Very Well Done to BLUE ACTION .
Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 1578 viewsstonojnr

Quote from Shrews fan after game .. on 20:50 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

but Id argue Town were still finding their feet in this league for that game as it was the first home game, there was a lot of pressure on it to stop the rot of last season give the home fans something to cheer about, new players still trying to gel, today was only our 4th home win of 2019, thats a really really low confidence point to get back from, we were never going to turn up first home game and suddenly pretend we are Barcelona, a draw was as good as a win imo given the setup
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024