Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings 11:18 - Sep 6 with 750 viewsSteve_M

It goes back further though, Strauss retired in 2012 and hasn't been replaced.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/109761/dear-denly-its-not-you-its-them

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 11:28 - Sep 6 with 718 viewsgordon

Yes, agree with all that, has been apparent for a while that they just don't have any idea what they are doing re selection for the test team.

It's a bit reminiscent (but different obviously) to how players used to be selected for the One-Day team as a trial to see if they had the right mentality to then make the step up to the test team.

Dom Sibley and Ollie Pope will be looking on pretty baffled, wondering what they ought to do to get in to the test team - hit more sixes in T20 to win an IPL contract to raise their profile a bit?
Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:11 - Sep 6 with 670 viewsFtnfwest

Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 11:28 - Sep 6 by gordon

Yes, agree with all that, has been apparent for a while that they just don't have any idea what they are doing re selection for the test team.

It's a bit reminiscent (but different obviously) to how players used to be selected for the One-Day team as a trial to see if they had the right mentality to then make the step up to the test team.

Dom Sibley and Ollie Pope will be looking on pretty baffled, wondering what they ought to do to get in to the test team - hit more sixes in T20 to win an IPL contract to raise their profile a bit?

Curran must be pretty dumbfounded as well, given that he's been passed over for someone who wasn't even in the original squad in place of Woakes. That's not to put down Overton who's given a decent account of himself.
Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:12 - Sep 6 with 667 viewschicoazul

So are we rubbish again now? I thought after last time we were the best test team in the world ever.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:14 - Sep 6 with 658 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:11 - Sep 6 by Ftnfwest

Curran must be pretty dumbfounded as well, given that he's been passed over for someone who wasn't even in the original squad in place of Woakes. That's not to put down Overton who's given a decent account of himself.

Yes, I find that odd.

Keep on raining baby.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:22 - Sep 6 with 639 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:11 - Sep 6 by Ftnfwest

I thought he had an injury as well. England have suffered a bit with injuries to bowlers this Summer, obviously Anderson but also Wood and Woakes is carrying one too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:25 - Sep 6 with 634 viewsFtnfwest

Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:22 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

I thought he had an injury as well. England have suffered a bit with injuries to bowlers this Summer, obviously Anderson but also Wood and Woakes is carrying one too.

Wasn't aware he was, but knowing our luck...
Cricket: This is a good piece on England's repeated failings on 12:27 - Sep 6 with 626 viewsReuser_is_God

At least we've got through 1 session today unscathed....

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024