Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going on from the top non football sporting moments 06:01 - Feb 4 with 618 viewsNewcyBlue

What moments and experiences have you had that haven’t been watching sport that have given you good stories to tell? I imagine this is where Lucan regales us with the story of a Megabus journey and we all sit in wonder at how he gets into these things....

Lagos, the only port in the world where they try to arrest me for being a stowaway. They watched me tie the ship up, and then board, look at my contract and proceed to handcuff me whilst telling the Captain I am a stowaway and must be taken ashore. But they will bring me back in time for my midnight watch and pick me up again afterwards.

-Earthquake in Japan a few days after the Fukushima accident
-Lifeboat accident, when I got out I had the cadets stood there crying. It probably looked worse than it was, and lifeboats have killed more people than they have saved.
-Various close calls with hurricanes. The power of Mother Nature is breathtaking.
-Somali and Nigerian pirates
-Fires on ship, we can’t call the fire brigade.
-I remember seeing more Tornadoes than I could count take off one after the other from the RAF base we were at when I was kid, they were on their way to the Gulf War.
-Had a gun pulled on me in Panama
-Chased out of a nightclub in Ukraine by the local Russian mob for dancing with their women...
-Seb being born and being part of my life every single day
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 6:03]

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Going on from the top non football sporting moments on 06:27 - Feb 4 with 579 viewsbluelagos

Posted a few on the other thread .

Italia 90 have a few including an arrest of a mad fan en route, CRS encounter, riot in Cagliari, riot in Pula, car crash, hold up on a ferry, me being arested (and released) in Bologna, petrol bombs, Ron Atkinson encounter, Caribinarri pulling a gun, a car chase with Juventus ultras, tear gassed in Turin.

It really was a different world then. Theres a youtube clip of me being interviewed after the riot in Pula. England fans were 80% lunatics and keeping safe wasn't easy.

But my fav story, bar none (so not suitable for a public forum so ask when we meet) is the certifiable Tommy. Involves prostitutes, polygamy and a police car chase :-) Had to be in Lagos really didnt it...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024