Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Struggling to move past the weekend 09:31 - Feb 25 with 883 viewswrightsrightglove

I think I've just fallen out of love with football at the moment. I left Saturday's game angry, but less at the team and more at the fact that I'd wasted an afternoon and just been left disappointed again, how many more times before I learn my lesson? Normally that feeling subsides fairly quickly but at the moment it's still lingering and I've got no motivation for the rest of the season, or quite possibly any future seasons.

I think this season was supposed to be our rebuild, it was supposed to be a team full of our young up and coming players who were going to carry us into the championship and let us start to build something. That building process hasn't even had the foundations formed. We still have no style of play, there's no consistency and we're regularly coming up against teams with a stronger mindset and who want it more than we do.

This summer there needs to be a serious clear out, Lambert and staff included. I'd love to see this before the end of the season but we all know that this probably isn't going to happen. We need a manager who's going to come in a reshape the club, play in a set style and motivate the players to want to play for the club and want to go out and work harder than anyone else in the league.

For me, get rid of Judge, Keane, Nolan, Edwards.
Downes, Wolfy, Dozzell, Garbutt will all sadly be gone.
Potentially some of that money from Downes & Wolfy might be available to buy / loan a decent centre back and left winger. With Dobra, El Mizouni, McGavin, Simpson etc. given time from the bench.

----------------------------Holy
KVY - Chambers - Wilson/Youngster/New - Nydam
---------------------Huws - Bishop
Lankester-------------------------------Sears/Rowe/New
-------Jackson/Norwood - Morris/Folami

I think i'm just frustrated, this really should have been a seminal season for us when we started building something, but it just hasn't happened and I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.
Struggling to move past the weekend on 09:35 - Feb 25 with 852 viewsRobTheMonk

I'll watch the midweek games on iFollow and Madge can tell how we're doing by my maniacal laughing at the screen.

But I carry on watching; the definition of insanity and all that jazz...
Struggling to move past the weekend on 09:44 - Feb 25 with 823 viewswrightsrightglove

Struggling to move past the weekend on 09:35 - Feb 25 by RobTheMonk

I'll watch the midweek games on iFollow and Madge can tell how we're doing by my maniacal laughing at the screen.

But I carry on watching; the definition of insanity and all that jazz...

Unfortunately they've got a hold on everyone and it's hard not to keep hoping for a turnaround.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024