Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton... 08:32 - Mar 4 with 1125 viewsArnieM

Yes I know there’s elements if this person which will undoubtedly grate with some , but Having listened to the guy on Suffolk Radio pre game and seen his post match interview, frankly Town should be looking to recruit him going forward.

He would definitely kick arse at this Club. He’s not a soft touch , but doesn’t come across as a bully either.
He knows this level of the game , and the players in it.

What do others think ?

Ps I’d strongly recommend people listen to his pre match interview . He actually impressed me with his approach and ethos . He’s just what we need next season .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Joey Barton... on 08:35 - Mar 4 with 1084 viewsHarry_Palmer

You will be slated for this post because he has done some naughty things in the past but I would certainly take him over Lambert right now.
Joey Barton... on 08:42 - Mar 4 with 1044 viewshadleighboyblue

I thought the same , I was surprised , he came across very well .

Good recruitment on limited funds , getting rid of wasters and replacing with players with the right attitude and coaching them to play as a unit .

By comparison our manager is clueless , the players lack fight or passion .

I question who is in charge of tactics and training , whoever it is needs replacing .

Sadly our manager has been found out , he has to go .
Joey Barton... on 08:46 - Mar 4 with 1021 viewsSWGF

I thought Karl Robinson was top of the list after Oxford beat us? We keep losing at this rate, we'll have a short-list containing the majority of managers in this league.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Joey Barton... on 08:54 - Mar 4 with 981 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nah, he would be Roy Keane mk2.

He's in his comfort zone in the north west, not sure how well he would take to Suffolk.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Joey Barton... on 08:55 - Mar 4 with 980 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Joey Barton... on 08:35 - Mar 4 by Harry_Palmer

You will be slated for this post because he has done some naughty things in the past but I would certainly take him over Lambert right now.

For naughty, read criminal.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Joey Barton... on 09:05 - Mar 4 with 947 viewsHarry_Palmer

Joey Barton... on 08:55 - Mar 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

For naughty, read criminal.

And he has been punished for his crimes and hopefully learnt from them. Regardless, being a nice person is not an essential quality for being a good football Manager, Paul Lambert is a prime example of that.
Joey Barton... on 09:10 - Mar 4 with 926 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Joey Barton... on 09:05 - Mar 4 by Harry_Palmer

And he has been punished for his crimes and hopefully learnt from them. Regardless, being a nice person is not an essential quality for being a good football Manager, Paul Lambert is a prime example of that.

Not disputing that. Just pointing out that the word 'naughty' didn't quite cover the gravity of common assault, affray and ABH.

Joey Barton... on 09:12 - Mar 4 with 914 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Joey Barton... on 08:42 - Mar 4 by hadleighboyblue

I thought the same , I was surprised , he came across very well .

Good recruitment on limited funds , getting rid of wasters and replacing with players with the right attitude and coaching them to play as a unit .

By comparison our manager is clueless , the players lack fight or passion .

I question who is in charge of tactics and training , whoever it is needs replacing .

Sadly our manager has been found out , he has to go .

On that basis Barton has the same credentials as Paul Hurst, but a poorer managerial CV.

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton... on 09:21 - Mar 4 with 868 viewsHarry_Palmer

Joey Barton... on 09:10 - Mar 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not disputing that. Just pointing out that the word 'naughty' didn't quite cover the gravity of common assault, affray and ABH.

Fair enough it probably doesn't, you are right.
Joey Barton... on 13:09 - Mar 4 with 773 viewshadleighboyblue

Joey Barton... on 09:12 - Mar 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

On that basis Barton has the same credentials as Paul Hurst, but a poorer managerial CV.

I don't think ME would go for Barton anyway , bit too much of a loose cannon and not even sure he would want to come here , I just thought what he said made sense

I've just reached the point where I want PL replaced , Nathan Jones and Karl Robinson seem to be mentioned quite a bit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024