Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New young Manager with nous? 02:13 - Mar 5 with 1017 viewsharlingblue

I am Ipswich through and through, old enough to remember, an ex player Alf Ramsey coming to Manage our Club. Things went wrong for him at first, he soon sorted the problem out, (always backed by The Cobbold Family, our owners at the time), bought two players to keep us up, devised a new way of playing, and brought success to the club. Then taken from us to be England's most successful Manager.
Bobby Robson, an ex player, learning his trade as a young Manager, also had a hard start, but had an undercurrent of very good young players, that he blooded, alongside two astute buys Muhren and Tyson, from our overseas scouts, the rest is history of our club. Again our Manager was taken, to be the second best England Manager.
George Burley, another young ex player, Manager did his bit for the Club, gaining promotion to the (new Premiership) via a play off win at Wembley. Our 6th place finish the following year, has proved our downfall as a Club.
Commitments to European games, new stadia built for a stay in the Prem, bad player buys, saw us relegated (with no parachute payment that is enjoyed by those under performing teams today). The Club is in the hands of the Administrators, enter Marcus Evans to save us.
Not a real footballing man, he decided to throw money at a Club that had a really good pedigree, to make money, or lose it through tax? He got his hands burnt through not knowing the game, throwing money to Managers that wasted it, and is doing it now.
I will not add MM to this, cos he always had an eye for a player, and made £millions for ME but not Ipswich Town. PL is an old school has been, has nothing to offer to our Club, I would rather have a new up and coming ex player. Any ideas?
New young Manager with nous? on 07:34 - Mar 5 with 844 viewsPendejo

How about anarchy football?

No manager or coaches on match day, first 11 to get to the ground are the first team the next 5 are subs, other than goalkeeper they play the position they want.

Those who would or could be in the match day squad who don't make the squad to be fined for being late and get handed those vending trays and do what the girls used to do, walk around the pitch with back in the 80s...

The team on the pitch would play to their agreed strengths and maybe be quite entertaining as the collective decide on substitutions.

We're sh1t and we know we are

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

New young Manager with nous? on 08:41 - Mar 5 with 754 viewsfergalsharkey

Frans Tyson?

Mikes uncle?

Poll: Cook out?

New young Manager with nous? on 09:20 - Mar 5 with 687 viewsWeWereZombies

New young Manager with nous? on 08:41 - Mar 5 by fergalsharkey

Frans Tyson?

Mikes uncle?

He was the Tyreece Simpson of his day...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

New young Manager with nous? on 09:23 - Mar 5 with 677 viewscatch74

I wonder what Evans bought with the millions Mick made him!?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024