Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Living and working in Europe after Brexit 16:27 - Mar 21 with 841 viewsThisIsMyUsername

This may be a very simplistic question and I'm sure the information is out there somewhere if I searched for it, but do we know if we'll still be able to live and work in Europe after Brexit has all been 'completed'?

Just trying to plan life and things.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Living and working in Europe after Brexit on 17:09 - Mar 21 with 792 viewsWeWereZombies

This is your starting point:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-europe

Good luck!

[edit] Excusez-moi - bonne chance
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 17:11]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Living and working in Europe after Brexit on 17:16 - Mar 21 with 774 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Living and working in Europe after Brexit on 17:09 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

This is your starting point:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-europe

Good luck!

[edit] Excusez-moi - bonne chance
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 17:11]

So you can only move up until the end of this year then, according to that. That's seemingly my plans down the drain.

Living and working in Europe after Brexit on 17:27 - Mar 21 with 749 viewsKBsSocks

Living and working in Europe after Brexit on 17:16 - Mar 21 by ThisIsMyUsername

So you can only move up until the end of this year then, according to that. That's seemingly my plans down the drain.

It'll hopefully be extended, as I'm stuck in the UK but want residency elsewhere, and can't get out there to pursue things with COVID-19.

BUT each country has its own criteria for entry / residency after Brexit.
So, it depends where you want to live, what you want to do, and / or how much money you have.

Leaving for Europe before the year end would probably be the easiest, though, yes.

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

Living and working in Europe after Brexit on 17:27 - Mar 21 with 748 viewsWeWereZombies

Not necessarily, there is still a great deal to be worked out - what with Michel Barnier in self isolation having contracted Covid-19 and various European leaders, including our own, otherwise engaged in controlling the spread of the virus whilst dampening down those all too ready to panic, then December this year might be asking too much. After the end of the transition period set by the withdrawal agreement there will still be ways of moving to another European country but the terms will probably be more stringent. You need to get clued up about the country you are thinking of moving to.

I have found this series of books interesting when I have browsed them in the past:

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/culture-shock-series

You may find them in your local library, but not mine - it is closed until further notice...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Living and working in Europe after Brexit on 17:28 - Mar 21 with 745 viewsBarcaBlue

Personally I think you'll be fine. I moved to Spain before it became a member of the EU and needed to get a residence permit and work permit. I got neither for a year as you couldn't get one without the other. Your best bet would be to visit the embassy / consulate nearer the date and see what you need. You'll probably need to fill in loads of forms and stuff but the door certainly won't be locked shut.
Living and working in Europe after Brexit on 18:00 - Mar 21 with 696 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Thanks for the replies. That's perked me up a bit amidst all the doom and gloom lately*. Hopefully it will still be a feasible option in about 18 months' time.

*on a side note I expect depression rates are going to sore over the next few months.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024