Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corvid 19 Testing 13:30 - Mar 22 with 1036 viewsBasuco

I heard a doctor on 5 Live saying the UK strategy on testing is focusing on developing a test to see if a person has had the virus at any time rather than have you got it now, they hope to set up drive through testing centre's run by the army. I actually think that this approach will be more useful moving forward.
Corvid 19 Testing on 13:32 - Mar 22 with 1018 viewsStokieBlue

It's a very sensible approach but unfortunately such a test isn't available at the moment. Antibody testing will be a big part of the solution in coming months with the caveat that it's proven that having Covid-19 imparts immunity (which is the general consensus at the moment).

SB
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 13:32]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Corvid 19 Testing on 15:46 - Mar 22 with 887 viewsLeaky

My partner is convinced she had the virus around Christmas. One of her colleges' went home for a holiday on the way back to Blighty she stopped off in Singapore. Apparently a Chinese family she sat next to in a restaurant were coughing. She passed the bug around the residential home they work in, my partner was off sick for a week, which extremely rare for her. Three residents died in the time she was off so testing as proof that you have had this virus would be very beneficial.
Corvid 19 Testing on 15:55 - Mar 22 with 856 viewsRyorry

Corvid 19 Testing on 15:46 - Mar 22 by Leaky

My partner is convinced she had the virus around Christmas. One of her colleges' went home for a holiday on the way back to Blighty she stopped off in Singapore. Apparently a Chinese family she sat next to in a restaurant were coughing. She passed the bug around the residential home they work in, my partner was off sick for a week, which extremely rare for her. Three residents died in the time she was off so testing as proof that you have had this virus would be very beneficial.

Had never had 'flu before in my life, but in mid-Dec I did - so bad that I rang 111 which I'd never done before. My own GP happened to be on duty & assured me that it was just a virus, maybe even a watered-down version of 'flu as I'd had the jab in Nov. Lasted about 7-10 days, was OK by Christmas Eve. Had been in LGI for 24 hrs the week before, so maybe it came from there.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Corvid 19 Testing on 15:59 - Mar 22 with 844 viewsLeaky

Corvid 19 Testing on 15:55 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

Had never had 'flu before in my life, but in mid-Dec I did - so bad that I rang 111 which I'd never done before. My own GP happened to be on duty & assured me that it was just a virus, maybe even a watered-down version of 'flu as I'd had the jab in Nov. Lasted about 7-10 days, was OK by Christmas Eve. Had been in LGI for 24 hrs the week before, so maybe it came from there.

Most people class a heavy cold as flu hence the term man flue. Uncertain times we live in.
Corvid 19 Testing on 16:02 - Mar 22 with 835 viewsRyorry

Corvid 19 Testing on 15:59 - Mar 22 by Leaky

Most people class a heavy cold as flu hence the term man flue. Uncertain times we live in.

It was the nausea, inability to eat or be out of bed for more than 30 mins at a time which were different for me.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Corvid 19 Testing on 16:09 - Mar 22 with 818 viewsLeaky

Corvid 19 Testing on 16:02 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

It was the nausea, inability to eat or be out of bed for more than 30 mins at a time which were different for me.

That sounds similar to my partners symptoms
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024