Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good thread about how a recession this big could be dealt with 21:56 - Apr 7 with 588 viewsmonytowbray

Mostly depressing, but there’s no way forward without creating new jobs through the government and making the super rich pay their share. Governments won’t be too keen to let businesses not contribute to the national pot according to this, but we’ve seen throughout this that job creation is used as a threat back.

Where will the line meet? If the wealthy keep hoarding they won’t be able to make more money I guess, which sounds bizarre but here we are.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Good thread about how a recession this big could be dealt with on 22:17 - Apr 7 with 537 viewsStokieBlue

He could well be right about the size of the recession, it's certainly not going to be good but he's made some rather large assumptions as people are pointing out.

He's based it off restrictions not being lifted for more than 6 months.

He's also scoring cheap points:

"The UK Conservative party has already junked most priorities to deal with this crisis. They will carry on doing that to stay in power. "

What are they supposed to do except get rid of all other priorities to deal with C-19? I don't think it's got anything to do with staying in power at this point.

It's probably the most pessimistic appraisal of what could happen and thus it's probably not a good thing for you to be reading given what you've said on here over the last few weeks. He makes some good and valid points but takes a lot of them to the extreme.

He might be right, guess we will see in 9 month times. I certainly have no problem with some form of mass government investment around green energy and industry.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024