Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asparagus...it's the market innit! 22:36 - Apr 16 with 694 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2020/apr/16/western-europe-food-

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Asparagus...it's the market innit! on 22:54 - Apr 16 with 652 viewsronnyd

I love the stuff. The only downside for me is that it makes my p!ss stink.
Asparagus...it's the market innit! on 23:10 - Apr 16 with 623 viewsGuthrum

The West's fondness for a high standard of living - for themselves - with concomitant big wages, added to their love of cheap prices in the supermarket. So we import cheap labour from elsewhere and treat them like sh1t.

But, on the other hand, it allows the less well off from those places to earn what is, in their home countries' terms, good money, to improve their own standard of living (or to stave off poverty).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Asparagus...it's the market innit! on 08:47 - Apr 17 with 512 viewshampstead_blue

had some for supper last night. Love the stuff

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Asparagus...it's the market innit! on 12:11 - Apr 17 with 464 viewsbritbiker

So many of us are hypercrits. I include myself in this. I wish for better things for the environment and the less well off. I do what I can but sure that there is much more I could be doing if I had the will to.
Asparagus...it's the market innit! on 12:15 - Apr 17 with 460 viewsNotSure

Most of these workers are under 40 and are therefore more likely to die of a heart attack rather than Covid-19. So as long as they remain in a group I don't see an issue.

People still need money and we still need a functioning economy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024