Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Workers working 33% of their hours will receive 77% of their pay.... 12:12 - Sep 24 with 591 viewsITFC_Forever

Good for them... but what about those who can't work 33% of their pay?

Those in the entertainment industry for example?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Workers working 33% of their hours will receive 77% of their pay.... on 12:16 - Sep 24 with 573 viewsJ2BLUE

It's just the latest hole in their plans. If they really wanted to help they could have a UBI for a couple of years. It would help everyone. Instead we get these 'targeted' measures which help a fraction of those needing help.

A UBI would cost a lot more but by the time this is over I can't imagine it would have been much more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Workers working 33% of their hours will receive 77% of their pay.... on 12:51 - Sep 24 with 468 viewsmidastouch

Workers working 33% of their hours will receive 77% of their pay.... on 12:16 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

It's just the latest hole in their plans. If they really wanted to help they could have a UBI for a couple of years. It would help everyone. Instead we get these 'targeted' measures which help a fraction of those needing help.

A UBI would cost a lot more but by the time this is over I can't imagine it would have been much more.

I'm on the fence for UBI. I must admit I certainly had some sympathy with Andrew Yang's political pitch.

It feels like now would be the perfect time to introduce UBI but obviously the flip side is giving away free money in the long run erodes the purchasing power of our currency for those (lucky enough) that have savings and pensions etc. But given the bleak situation we are in right now perhaps that's a price / sacrifice worth paying. Some would however argue that ultimately the most expensive way to pay for government is through inflation. That is to say, the government can fund its operations either honestly through taxation or dishonestly through inflation. If they get too dishonest (and promise the earth) then it doesn't come without the risk of hyperinflation and nobody wants that. The debt we are saddling future generations with is almost unimaginable. As such, a global financial reset is looking almost impossible to avoid.

I wouldn't want to be framing fiscal policy right now, it seems an impossible delicate and dangerous balancing act.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024