Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Won't hold my breath but this looks promising for smaller clubs 15:05 - Sep 27 with 515 viewsBrixtonBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54315814

It's in the interests of the Premier League to support the smaller clubs - if only to have somewhere to farm out the McGuinnesses of this world to get experience. And in the grand scheme of things it's relative peanuts to keep a little club going compared to what they splash out on wages every week.

This is their chance to clean up the game a bit, get some positive PR, and show they are part of a football family full of tradition. Fingers crossed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Won't hold my breath but this looks promising for smaller clubs on 15:13 - Sep 27 with 475 viewsJ2BLUE

I would appreciate them helping the lower leagues but lets not give them too much credit. The are responding now because the know the spotlight will never leave them if they don't. If the really care about the 'football family' they would increase payments to the lower leagues permanently. This will be a one time gesture which is basically a bribe for the lower leagues to f off and leave them in peace.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024