Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sons of Anarchy 10:18 - Oct 14 with 578 viewsBarcaBlue

Haven't seen any threads mentioning this series here but apart from some real bonafide duds where I've bailed after 1 or 2 episodes this is probably the worst I've wasted my time on.

Reviews are mixed on imdb but iI really can't see any of the positives. The acting is dreadful, the characters and plot are absurd, it's like a Venezuelan soap opera on motorbikes.

I gave it a few episodes but as it started badly and went downhill I didn't make it to the end of series one.

Anyone else gone further than they should with a series?

By the way started watching Bad Blood on Netflix, didn't make it past episode 2 - possibly worse than SOA but got out quickly.
Sons of Anarchy on 10:33 - Oct 14 with 550 viewsCrayonKing

I thought it started out with a lot of potential but never really fulfilled it. The premise of a fairly decent guy in charge of an outdated criminal organisation, with the conflicts between loyalty to the club and doing the right thing *could* have made for a really great show. But it never quite got there for me.

And some of the gun fight scenes were cringe-worthy. Reminiscent of the A-team!
Sons of Anarchy on 10:56 - Oct 14 with 527 viewsElephantintheRoom

You dont see a gang of oiks on Harleys in the one horse town of Charming as big hitters in drugs and gun running?

I guess the follow up series on their equally implausible latino enemies is not for you either?

Nor me - nor anyone with an IQ of more than 5 presumably - but it WAS popular with those who saw something glamorous about ne'er do well rebels on Harleys in the good ol' usa of a.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Sons of Anarchy on 12:37 - Oct 14 with 489 viewsflimflam

I really gave it a go but gave up half way through season 2.

Maybe I just didnt get it but I have no idea what people see in it.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Sons of Anarchy on 13:16 - Oct 14 with 472 viewsSouperJim

I quite enjoyed it for 2-3 seasons, but I am a sucker for stuff which glorifies organised crime and was intrigued by the whole motorcycle gang thing which I knew nothing about.

Recently attempted to wade through The Haunting of Bly Manor, if you last beyond the first episode you're doing well. Ridiculous stereotypes, terrible convoluted dialogue, god awful child acting and no real indication of a plot beyond the bleeding obvious.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Sons of Anarchy on 13:19 - Oct 14 with 464 viewsBLUEBEAT

The main lads mum is well dirty

Poll: W or W

Sons of Anarchy on 13:22 - Oct 14 with 458 viewsflimflam

Sons of Anarchy on 13:16 - Oct 14 by SouperJim

I quite enjoyed it for 2-3 seasons, but I am a sucker for stuff which glorifies organised crime and was intrigued by the whole motorcycle gang thing which I knew nothing about.

Recently attempted to wade through The Haunting of Bly Manor, if you last beyond the first episode you're doing well. Ridiculous stereotypes, terrible convoluted dialogue, god awful child acting and no real indication of a plot beyond the bleeding obvious.

Yep agree. The first series Hill House was Ok ish but Bly Manor was a pile.

If you can put up with subtitles Dark is worth a go.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Sons of Anarchy on 13:25 - Oct 14 with 454 viewsBiGDonnie

Ha! I've watched them both.

SOA, admittedly was years ago when it first came out. I thought it started brilliantly but by the end was the most unrealistic show I'd ever seen. If you think this after a couple of episodes, please stay away from the end of the series.

Bad Blood I like. Series 1 & 2 I thought was decent. The fact it's based on true people make it more interesting IMO.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024